My printer randomly pauses then continues

I have tried searching for this in the forum, but can’t find anything, so sorry if this has been posted about before.

Randomly, it seems, my A350 will be printing just fine, then stop moving for a moment to a few seconds, then continues on just fine. Sometimes this happens once, or twice, or not at all.

When it’s sitting stationary, it’s still lightly oozing out filament, creating a tiny blob in that spot. Sometimes the blob doesn’t really affect anything, sometimes it can ruin a print.

Suggestions?
In other threads about peoples’ printers totally stopping mid print, they were suggested to serial port connect the machine, and put in something like “M5000 S0”, for a readout or log of sorts, telling you what the machine is doing, or exporting the log through the controller. I have a feeling, based on other similar problems people have, and what my printer is doing, that it’s a temperature thing.

I think either the nozzle or heated bed is dropping a few degrees suddenly, and the printer waits for a second to heat back up.

If this is the case, is there a way I can make it retract and Z Hop when this happens? To try and reduce ooze and blob?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

FWIW (which may not be much) I had this happen to me for the first time yesterday after the new firmware and the second ever time I printed from the touchscreen (model was small backlash calibration test). It only happened one time. After that i printed a benchy from touchscreen no pauses.

Never seen a pause from Luban ever, thats doing ~30 prints with mix of wifi and serial cable.

Got it, still would be interested to know why for me it only has happened for a file that was processed locally on the touchscreen. It caused blobbing for me too on the pause.

I upload from Cura to the SM over Wi-Fi. (Nifty Plug-in)
And I start all my prints from the touchscreen.

I’ve been doing it like this for a few months now.

Please share your gcode.
There is a possibility of micro linear moves in gcode which could cause such behaviour.

Oh no… lol. I totally forgot what STL did it to me last. I’ll keep an eye out for it doing it again and send you the Gcode.