A350 Stops mid print

Hello all,

I have this issue where my Snapmaker A350 stops mid print anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes of print pretty much all the time. It gives me the “Power loss” message as if the power went out.

I have tried different outlets. It is now connected to an APC 1500VA and this still happens. The APC registers no power loss or fluctuation.

I recently bought the upgraded power supply unit, rails and the new print head. I was hoping the power supply was culprit, but it still happens with the new power supply. And it still happens with the new print head.

So I have pretty much ruled out the power supply, print head, the outlet or power fluctuations in the apartment. I am starting to get very wary of the controller.

Does anyone have tips, tests, ideas?

At this point I would also suspect the controller, you should reach out to support and see if they have any tests they want you to do before they send a replacement

Hmm, interesting! My 3 month old A350 has just stopped printing, 2 days into a 3 day print, but reported 100% complete, which it wasn’t. Quite frustrating given the wasted fillament. I think I’ll let support know. Have used approx 3kg of mainly PLA fillament since new, on OG hot end.

So, a bit of an update. I tried printing something new (and smaller). The first few layers went down fine, then I got a clog and it tore the whole project off the bed. I’m guessing, if this happened late-on in the print pictured above, the outcome would be a match for the error I got. Reported as finished, but the clog caused the extrusion to fail. I’m going to change the hot end for the spare and see what happens. Fairly certain this will fix it, the machine has been flawless up to now.