Multicolor printing

Hi,
has anybody tried to do multicolor prints with the SM2? I did today but faced some issues like the nozzle and the heatbed lost temperature and i had to get them back on temperature before i was able to change filament. I am slicing with S3D and use the variable settings wizard to split the processes.

Does anybody have an idea how to tweak the start and/or the end G-code that multicolor prints are easier to handle?

Thx for sharing ideas…

I have not tried it but give M600 a try at your desired Color change spot. It should pause the print and hold the temps or at least it does on my Prusa machines.

I don’t believe that “M600” is enabled on the Snapmaker.

No, I tried M600 - doesn’t work. I think that the advanced pausing isn’t enabled.

Hey @onyx0909, i am running my Snapmaker Originial with octoprint.

I havent tried this with other software.- YOU HAVE TO ADJUST IT TO YOUR SETTINGS!!

My Pause gcode:

; relative XYZE
G91
M83

; retract filament, move Z slightly upwards
G1 Z+5 E-5 F4500

; absolute XYZE
M82
G90

; move to a safe rest position, adjust as necessary
G1 Z125 X0 Y0

My Resume gcode:

; relative extruder
M83

; prime nozzle
G1 E5 F4500
G1 E5 F4500

; absolute E
M82

; absolute XYZ
G90

; reset E
G92 E{{ pause_position.e }}

; move back to pause position XYZ
G1 X{{ pause_position.x }} Y{{ pause_position.y }} Z{{ pause_position.z }} F4500

; reset to feed rate before pause
G1 {{ pause_position.f }}

I have to take that back. I tried M600 and it sort of worked. It requires the print heat to be up to printing heat and then it did a retract of the filament. I switched the Touch Screen to print head heat and it let me reload the filament but then it got in some mode where it was stuck. I entered the M600 on the console so Im guessing it was expecting some kind of input to continue. It just said “waiting for user input”. SO there is some hope if we can get the right syntax on the command.