Luban for laser

Is there a way to get a filled box? When I use the box tool in luban, I get a double hollow box, one around the other (similar to the text font) and what I really want is a solid box.

Check the ā€œfillā€ selection box under ā€œvectorā€ when youā€™re in the ā€˜processā€™ tab.

-S

1 Like

Select different processing modes in Snapmaker Luban, you will get different results.
Please read the user manual to learn more.
B&W , Greyscale , Vector and Text can all be used for engraving.

B&W : The engraved image will be in black and white without any grey color.

1.png

Greyscale : The engraved image will be in different shades of grey depending on its original color.

1.png

Vector : This effect is used for engraving vector graphics. The engraved image will be in black and white without any grey color.

Text : You can select the font and enter the text as you need. You can also upload your own fonts.

4.2.2 Cutting Mode

The Vector and Text modes both can be used for engraving and cutting. When laser cutting, you can set the Multi-pass and Power settings to a desirable level based on the materials you use.

1.png

1.png

It would be nice to have the simple a way to create a triangle and a straigth line as well and not only squares and circles. I order to cut a simple line, I need to import it from another softwareā€¦

Thanks for considering

3 Likes

@Nery

Request received.

I will forward this request to our product manager. This is not a complex issue but I think user will benefit a lot from this feature.

Cheers
Edwin

1 Like

I am sorry and not sure if that is the correct conversation here but I couldnā€™t find an answer anywhere elseā€¦

I have a question, first of all, the calculated time is so far from the real time my Snapmaker 2.0 that I have to think something is wrongā€¦ it says 18min takes 45minā€¦ says 1 hour takes 3,5h etcā€¦

Anyone has the same experience?

And the second thing I would like to ask is about the settings and different modesā€¦ it is good explained in this threat thanks, my question is which one is the fastest? for a Text .

I donā€™t know, maybe (most likely) I am too stupid but when I want to engrave a name in leather for example, I write the name in word, make a screenshot and put that screenshot in lubanā€¦ then the name with 6 letters takes 15minutes (10x4 cm)ā€¦

Is that normal?

Yes, I have. But it seems to happen to every SM2. Unlike the SM Original that the controller reads the G-code directly from the USB disk, the SM2ā€™s controller is receiving the G-code from the screen line by line.
That causes a longer engraving time.

Hi

I want to ask.

In the engraving section, when I put the fill. Iā€™ll set density. The lines show me horizontally. So my question is: Is there another way of filling? Horizontally? Or something else? For example, as I shown in the picture (red line)

So is there only one option? Thank you for answer

I would accept a fill in the form of a red line

You can choose direction with an imported graphic file when using B&W or halftone modes.

-S

Dear Snapmaker team,

Could you kindly add the option to create a STRAIGHT LINE or a traingle to the Laser / CNC modules, I can not create something that basicā€¦
I hate going to another program just to create and then import it to Lubanā€¦

Thanks again