Leveling Problem With V1.10.0

For the first time ever I have had the problem where leveling is pressing deep into the plate. Up until now, this has never occurred on my A350 although it has always been “finicky” about getting a job to stick for 3D printing.

This weekend I updated to 1.10.0 via the touchscreen without issue. I thought I should level it and ran the routine without apparent issue. However the print only had about half of it stick, and the other half became a disaster (item is ~25mm deep, 50mm wide, and 25mm high). So I stopped it and ran Calibration again. My calibration is set to be 5x5 (this seemed to help before). However, the next calibration attempt it dug down into the right rear corner (9th stop). Then it pulled it up, went to the center (skipping the rest) and offered the final “manual calibration” step. I tried again with the same result. So as I see it there are a couple possible problems:

1. Did something about 1.10.0 change leveling?
  2. The leveling algorithm needs some work if it thinks it is “OK” that it digs over a mm into the surface in variance to previous test points. The variability in the platform should not be that much.
  3. If it does detect a failure (it knew to stop after REALLY pressing into 9) why does it ask for the manual step and not declare a big fat failure? It should immediately provide some troubleshooting… Or at least notice. Not just act like it was normal. What if I was not paying attention?

General notes:
Device = A350
Firmware = 1.10.0
Gcode generated by = Luban
Other notes = This item has been printed successfully over 36 times prior to this (with some failures mixed in of course, but due to not-stick starts which calibration usually corrected for some time). Other items have also been printed. As mentioned before, this is the first time the hot end has embedded itself into the magnetic plate for me.

Please let me know if there are any other questions. In the meantime I guess I will get my Original back online to get more printed.

Probably not your problem… but I had a similar result independent of firmware, settings, etc. in “rearranging” a half dozen 3D prints on the virtual (Luban) plate I unknowingly and mistakenly inserted a 2.25 degree tilt on 2 items. Instead of trying to print something flat in a flat surface it tried to print something flat at a 2.25 degree tilt, contacted the hot plate for a couple mm but then attempted to build into the air with no structural support underneath; no support underneath caused hot tip to push existing structure around and soon create the dreaded rats nest. That produces “results” like you describe (apparent attachment which really isn’t, a piece that originally gets sculpted and in short time no longer makes connection with the hot tip, etc. thisHappened after a couple successful prints and I was just trying to add a little extra room in between items. LESSON LEARNED: I check the 3 angles of rotation to be 0, 0, 0 (or someMultiple of 90) for every item immediately before each print.

Unfortunately, not the problem I hit. I had no rotation of any kind in mine. The 36 successful prints were 1 at a time, over weeks. It had been a couple weeks (I think) since the last one printed (they are holders that allow Sylvania Gardenspot lights to be mounted on 1x wood). We just installed more of the borders outside our house (1x6x12ft pressure treated is hard to come by at the moment) and I discovered I was short holders and had to print more.

I have had similar symptoms with the first time use auto level. Nozzle digs into top right corner, then goes to ‘centre’ position - though it’s not actually the centre. I’m going to try going back to V1.9.0.

Going back to V1.9.0 didn’t work.