Latest Firmware issue

Hi,

This week I received my Snapmaker A350T with Enclosure.
I installed it with the laser module and followed the guide to set the best laser focus and camera calibration.

Then I went for the firmware upgrade and the device was telling me that there is a new version available : v1.13.2 So i downloaded the version and did the firmware upgrade. Everything went fine and the device is running v1.13.2

Now online I see the the latest version is not v1.13.2 but v1.14.1
On my machine I checked the latest version again but the software is telling me that v1.13.2 is the latest firmware…

So I copied the v1.14.1 bin file on a usb stick and upgraded the device manually.
Again no problems installing the firmware upgrade and the device is running at v1.14.1 now.

But weirdly enough, when I check for the latest version on the device again, it is telling le that there is a new version v1.13.2 (lower version) available and the device asks me to download and install it?

For now I hit cancel because I don’t know the effects of downgrading?
What shoud I do?

Is this normal behaviour?

Thank You

2 Likes

There’s been a few reports of the auto-updater giving erroneous updates. If you’ve already updated don’t downgrade. The devs have been made aware of it.

I manually updated mine as it said the same thing about the laser and now I’ve run into this problem:

The camera function stops after the first row every single time. It seems that upgrading wasn’t the wises choice :confused:

4 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem. After replace all Linear Modules, new 3D print head, and new power. I did the manual firmware update from the USB to 1.14, and strange enough, in the about Machine, it show the latest firmware, but in the firmware update, it show 1.13.2 After update, I hit the Home button and nothing happened. My machine is in paralyze mode now

I’m having a similar issue with the camera capture (Add Background) feature after updating to v1.14.1 (A350). It positions the camera as if it is taking the picture, but never returns picture data to Luban (v4.1.1), and never proceeds to the next position to take a picture. Ran firmware update multiple times, cycled laptop and Snapmaker, no luck.

I downgraded to firmware v1.13.2 and everything seems to be working fine again (at least with the laser toolhead).

2 Likes

Are you shure to have selected the correct laser type in your settings?
The 10 W laser cam has a different workflow than the 1.6 W laser.
So check your settings.

Check the type of laser module in your settings…

1 Like

There is definitely a problem. I was playing around with lighting and placing objects on the bed and found that the amount of light seems to affect the cameras ability to get a correct exposure and move on. e.g. I had a green Lego base about 120mm square on the bed, the head would not move past it to the next position. I removed the Lego and after a few seconds it carried on and completed. ???

The lighting definitely has an effect.
People who have had trouble calibrating have had better success when turning off their enclosure and/or room lights and having the light on the laser head be the only illumination.
Play around and see which works best for you.

-S

Thanks. Calibrating the camera seems to work OK for me, the light turns on as it should. When using the camera from Luban to capture the background the light doesn’t turn on (option is selected in Settings) and thats when everything gets stuck. Not that ever use the camera anyway, gave up a long time ago, I just like to have everything working.

While I’m a novice, I’m not an idiot.

Unless there’s a separate setting on the machine itself, I clicked the 1.6 when I updated Luban.

CAmera capture worked precisely once, but it wasn’t very good. Now, it act like you say here: moves as if it’s oging to take a picture but then basically idles out wihout ever sending any picture data or moving to spot 2. I think the Snapmaker team must have messed up the old 1.6mW camera with this new firmware. so obnoxious. (And right before Christmas! The worst time!)

pretty much same problem here…cam only works, if calibration sheet is placed on working plattform… stops on the actual working object…

Thanks for the response! Yes, the 1.6 was selected. I actually changed it to the 10 and switched it back to 1.6 in case it needed to reset settings, but no luck. Something definitely not working right with 1.14 for me. 1.13.2 works perfectly.

1 Like

I did the 1.14 update as well since Luban told me I should after Luban updated itself. Nothing but issues since and all the issues are because it is having issues with staying connected. to the machine. I did dozens of laser coaster last week as well as a 13hour would picture engraving with no issues at all beyond user error.

since the 1.14 update and Luban upgrade nothing but connection issues causing many of the issues mentioned above. Can we please get some love here on a patch or something. I have a slate coaster deal I need to get going on.

1 Like

The devs basically said downgrade to the previous firmware of you’re having issues. I’m not aware of any short term fixes.

I downgraded on the touch screen but Luban still having issues staying connected when doing doing anything like just sitting there or trying to capture the bed to center my work.

Reverted to 4.0.3 Luban and connection issues seem to have gone away. Turned off auto update until I see some new updates with good news. Was caught off guard with this since I have yet to have issues with a snapmaker or Luban update. Good luck all!

I actually had the opposite luck. I actually turned all the lights I could on and it actually managed to complete all 3x3 pictures. I’m not sure if this is helpful at all, but I at least was able to get the background added. I might try again with all the lights off and see what happens. All I can say is that my first success came when I have the desk and overhead lights all on.

1 Like

I run into this problem, too.
I was in contact with support about this issue. Its well known and will take them some time to fix.
It seems to be a problem with the generated picture and the used memory.
You can workaround this by changing the light a bit or placing some item in the area it fails to capture.

This is what support told me:
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out to Snapmaker. I am sorry that you encountered such a problem.

It is a known issue. Such a problem happens because the size of the single photo exceeded the limitation. The size of the photo could be very different with different colors and lights. Changing the background or the light can solve this issue.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Potter

Hi Potter,

thanks for the fast response. Good to hear that this issue is already known.
Is this a Luban or a firmware problem? Whats your timeline for fixing this problem? Its very annoying and time consuming in the workflow.

Regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply.

This problem should be related to both hardware and software. So it will need some time before fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ll submit this case to our R&D team in case they need the information.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Potter