Laser Platform setup

I try to set up my Snapmaker for Laser engraving. On mounting the Platform I found something suspicious. Looking at the manual there should be cutouts on every plate?!

Looking at mine, there are only cutout on two out of four plates.

Anybody an idea on that? @Edwin maybe?!

The bed was changed at some point after the manual was published.
Not uncommon in manufacturing.
As long as you’re able to line up screw holes to attach don’t worry about it.
There were a couple people on FB who got all four of the same pieces and had to request replacement.

-S

If you invert the combinations of plates it does fit and cover the bed

@FlyByWire

Sorry for the late reply.

I am really sorry that the warehouse staff sent you two wrong aluminium grid boards, the two in the middle.
We have redesigned the laser workplace, which is different from the picture in the QSG. Here is an image for your reference:

Contact support@snapmaker.com and we will send you the replacements. Please send me your order number or backer number so that we can locate the issue.

Hi @Edwin,

@FlyByWire’s laser platform and mine look identical. Here’s mine:

Are we saying that’s not the correct pieces?

Would that explain why I had to shim them with tape under the middle two?

Anyways, I have an open ticket, #52859.

We redesigned the laser work platform by adding some screw holes. You can still fix those panels.

I just filed ticket #55324 because of the same issue: My inner plates look like the ones from @brent113 and @FlyByWire showed. (With these weird flat areas that don’t line up and no outer screws for the inner plates.)

@Edwin, my laser platform is exactly the same as the one shown by @brent113 and @FlyByWire.
Furthermore, the cutouts in inner plates (without drilled holes) do not align with any screw holes in the support frame.

Hi Edwin,
havent received any resonse on my Email?!

could you please check?!

You need to add an @ sign to the username to ping them.

…This text so discourse doesn’t moan about posts that are too short…

O.k. thanks. I thought the notification would be sent even if I resond to a comment?!

@Edwin: I’m still waitung for an resonse on my email concering the aluminium grid boards?!

So, having all the same parts for the laser engraver bed is incorrect? Glad to know I wasn’t going crazy.