Laser Module not calibrating

A350T with 1600 mw Laser module.

When I try to calibrate, I can set the Z Offset for the module and then when it tries to calibrates it moves Z up and does its calibration from about 20cm above the surface, then fails.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

What firmware you are on?
If last time you updated the firmware without laser head on, run the update again so it does it for the head to.

This was actually the first time I had tried the module and I bought everything almost 2 years ago. The laser module immediately updated the firmware on the module and I keep the printer firmware current. Amazingly enough there was an attempt at calibration early in the exercise that made marks on the balsa, they weren’t great, but this currently isnt even close.

Did you ever get a satisfactory solution to this? I’m trying to use the laser again after 18 months and I’m seeing the same behavior as you.

Yes, the problem was self inflicted. In some iteration of the process I set an offset of 40mm, once I changed that everything worked fine.

1 Like

Hi, it’s Nov 23 and I got my 350T.
While waiting for the 20W Laser, I want to try the 1,6 Laser and I have the same issue.

On my first Power-On with the Laser, I had to make the calibration and it worked on the first step (the calibration lines). The part with the camera background in Luban didn’t work (I just got 9 big different colored squares)

The next morning I wanted to repeat the calibration and now it’s the same as above.

1. I have to set the Material width (13mm)
  2. I have to adjust the Z-Height (Place the Laser directly on the Surface)
  3. After clicking “Finish” the Laser moves up like 50mm and I have to set the working origin, but I can’t adjust the Z anymore.
  4. Snapmaker draws the Calibration lines 50 mm above my material

Where did you make the changes ?

It’s normal that work origin adjustment is just X / Y, as at this point you have already set the Z height. I don’t know why the calibration is not performed at the right Z position, though.

Ok, in the “Settings > Laser > Laser Height” it said 40mm.
After setting it to 21mm and redo the calibration it seems to work, now it automaticly turned into 26,4mm