Trouble printing after using laser module

So after going through the roll of filament that came with the printer with no issues I switched to the laser module for a little bit which also worked finr. I swapped back and now all my prints are failing. I have done a 5x5 bed level, cleaned build plate with soapy water and alcohol, verified the screws are all in the right spots and are tight. I’ve also tried glue stick and hair spray.

It seems like the Z offset isn’t saving after calibration. All the filament either gets drug around or just collects around the nozzle. I notice when I stop the print the calibration card and feeler gauge I use is probably another mm or 2 higher compared to when I did the bed level.

Any suggestions on why this may not be saving or any other ideas? Do I need to do a reset?

Thanks

Its hard to say.
Which firmware are you on? Did you a update between using the print module - laser - print module?

If you like to do a reset, enter M502 in the console and save it with M500 (i dont think this could help but it did in the past so, try it) and do a bed level after.

Whats about the live z-offset on the touchscreen, did it not work?

I’m on the latest firmware I’m not home now but it’s 20230309 I think.I did update the laser module when I installed it. For the live z offset. Will that save after I finish the print? I’m just confused why it happened in the first place since it was perfect before this.

Thanks for your help

Well it was either live offset or printing from the USB drive instead of Luban that worked. Thank you. I just hadn’t thought to do that because I didn’t have to before after I leveled

1 Like