Laser camera capture, origin - how do i delete origin?

with laser and camera capture, there is obviously a setting that is wrong with work origin.
when it tries to print, it starts from the centre of the board moving top right and totally ignores the camera capture.
reading this post

we shouldn’t be setting work origin manually - my son calibrated the laser, there is obviously a setting for origin - how do i delete it.

right clicking on the camera capture image, won’t let me move it, so i have to delete the origin

Check 2nd remark.

2 Likes

for anyone else, click on the “feature request” link by Galduron - apparently it is a software issue (not my mistake as i thought) - the problem was “origin” and sending the job to the device via Wifi.

thanks @Galduron

No problem, I hope they do something about it.

I think I have the same problem, and I noticed the difference between the tutorial and what I did is that I sent the g-code via WiFi to the device. So it sounds like to use the camera capture feature I will need to run the project from Luban directly, is that right?

Yes. And camera only works over wi-fi.
-S

Origin is still way off when using the camera, even trying to run the machine directly from the Luban SW (vs. sending to the SM2.0 and running it from there). Is there a way to adjust the offiset?

i put my google nest cam on the machine and work it remotely from the pc via wifi that way. the camera capture hasnt worked yet in two firmware updates.

Maybe someone else can help with that.
I’ve found using camera capture to be seriously lacking.
For me there are faster and easier ways to position things.
-S

So I generally prefer sending the file to the SM so I can use the computer for other activities, especially on long projects. I thought I may want to laser cut out of pre-existing items though, and then the camera would be helpful. From reading I gather if you run everything from Luban (and either Do NOT run boundary or do not assume the boundary is right) then it works. That was a little bit of a leap of faith for me. But seems accurate. It worked!

I found the camera capture wasn’t accurate enough. Especially on thicker objects that were farther off the bed it completely fell apart.
Using run boundary works great most of the time and when I need to be really accurate I just mark the center and line up that way. (use a piece of masking tape temporarily if I don’t want to leave a mark)
If I’m doing multiple items I just mark my placement or use a jig to speed things up.
-S