How to Reset Machine Coordinates?

The Z-height number listed on the home screen is 20.6mm. I measure the distance between the plate and the bottom of the laser cover at about 6mm. This made me look at X,Y which is showing coordinates nothing like i would expect including negative numbers.

I want to have the machine Coordinates locked at 0,0 in lower left (or center) and for my Z height to be correct compared to actual height off build plate.

How do i reset Machine Coordinates to be accurate?

Thanks!

B

Has anyone figured this out yet? My laser head keeps mashing due to incorrect coordinates

Just want to make sure you’re understanding where the distance is measured from.
The distance that SM lists as your focusing distance measures from the work piece to the lens. Not from the workpiece to the lens hood. The lens hood is also removable if you are doing multiple passes or you have other clearance problems and need the extra room. It’s adjustable so you can shield the beam more for safety, but unnecessary for performance.
Some have suggested there is better airflow without it also.
-S

I was also wondering about this possibility !
It would be nice to also be able to change the homing position to any of the corners of the bed.
Does anybody know if this is possible ?

You can use G-code to reset the machine.

M502 Reset
M500 Save default settings

M206 X-19 Y-10 Z0 Set Linear module offset
M500 Save settings

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

Thank you very much for this !

I hope for all others it helps too!

Phil

Hi Edwin,

I have tried this and slammed the head into the platform.
After resetting and homing the machine this is what the touchscreen shows. I guess that is why the M206 with Z150 still slammed into the bed ? 484-150=334 so lower as the bed…
Is this linked to the updates ? I have Luban 3.14 installed.