Home after calibration or.....not

mine seems to park at what would be the center origin point of all three axis , no big deal but I seem to remember it homing after.

Just found out I have to home it manually to reconnect to it.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re asking here.

The calibration procedure tests 3, 4, or 5 point grids, then parks in the center, asks you to manually test the last central point that becomes the ‘reference’ for that deformation grid. Once you do that, it just lifts up a little.

Any job you then initiate should start with a homing procedure, then move the head to the front corner Z=0 height for heat-up and ‘wipe’ to begin the build.

(NOTE: My experience above is with doing a calibration, then using the touchscreen to pick a build job from the USB stick, maybe your comment about ‘reconnect to it’ means you’re trying to send from Luban?)

Ya it wouldn’t connect to luban wifi until I homed it , I’m setting up a remote that is serial connected so that was probably the issue . I think most of you guys are direct connected . at least the new version of luban bypasses the confirmation from the touch screen annoyance.

I’m trying the 11 X 11 calibration again , I did it yesterday and the machine locked up , so i’ll see what happens this time.

Thanks

Ya after sending G28 then sending a M420 V no response it locks and just blank screen . I’ll try it with usb it will probably work then , I’m going to power cycle and see if the data was saved.

It did save the data so I’ll run some prints and see how it goes

Mine ends up in the center and not home after calibration too.

Are you connecting wifi ? it was just that luban will normally home when it connects if it isn’t already but if i calibrate and don’t home it from panel it won’t connect at all until I do. I don’t remember having that issue when I first got the machine. Just something I have to remember so I don’t go sit down across the room then have to get back up. I guess I don’t understand why it wouldn’t home. I have a remote nucbox hooked up usb I will check next time and see if its different direct connected.

Thanks for the reply.