Step 2 Calibration smashes into bed

I just got an F350. Waiting on support. connects to wifi then next it vibrates the bed forward so hard the magnetic cover moves off then the head drives into the bed and bends it. tried it a few times with same result. triple checked setup all good.

Try without WIFI.
Try moving the print head to Home. Shut off the power and manually push the Z Axis all the way up. I had problem with print head hitting the bed after some prints. This corrected that problem.
The vibrating forward that hard seems like something is wrong.

Share some pictures of your machine assembly. (might have to use a hosting service since you’re new here)

Are you using the right linear modules in the right places? Depending on how new your machine is, the 2nd gen modules are not interchangeable.

Quadruple check your assembly. Unlink the modules so that they can move independently and check that each rail is working properly.
-S

1 Like

Thanks so much. My Stupid. I followed the video then after your suggestion I looked in the instructions. (If all else Fails) I saw then the Z was different than the others. It still didn’t want to level correctly but I was able to get to the download latest firmware and it worked perfectly. printed my first piece ok.

1 Like