Help with 3D printer high quality

Hello,

i trying to print this logo:

with high quality i desgin with fusion 360 but give me this result:

it show many line and not good to look at

can any one help me make it better quality ?

Thank you

It’s not because of the model, it’s your settings. Can you please post what print settings you used?

1 Like

Hello,

i use the defualt setting in Snapmaker Luban for high quality this screenshot for it:

thank you for replay

@MohammadAlH if you use Cura you could turn on ironing, uncheck top layer only, and it’ll smooth out the surface.

1 Like

@Artezio i never use Cura before is hard to use ?

@MohammadAlH takes some getting used to if all you’ve ever used is Snapmaker’s Luban. But Luban is an incredibly outdated version of Curas engine, so you might as well just use Cura and have the better version of the engine that is up to date and gets updated, instead of using Luban where just use the same outdated engine.

1 Like

@Artezio OK i download curas, and install it and now i open the stl file after that how i do what you tell me ? ( turn on ironing, uncheck top layer only)?

thank you

Uncheck the 2nd one shown

Search for monotonic and make sure it’s on, that will also improve quality. You want monotonic printing and ironing, they might be different settings, just going off memory now.

This is the print one at least:

1 Like

Some of the lettering might be too small to print. I’m looking at the M and A in PERFORMANCE.
The nozzle is 0.4mm, and both Luban and Cura know that. They won’t print any X/Y feature smaller than 0.4mm because of it.

Both pieces of software have a preview mode that will let you see what the toolpath is on a given layer. Run the slider up and down until you find the layer you want (in this case, the final layer that prints those letters), and see if the print head is even moving over those areas. If it isn’t, you’ll need to make the lettering larger or choose a different font until it does. The other option is to just scale up the print. If the features are 0.3mm wide, print at 133% size and now they’ll be 0.4mm wide. If I have something that isn’t showing up in the preview, I like to do this just to see if it’s a size or a mesh problem. Size problems go away when scaling up, mesh problem don’t.

1 Like

@clewis i make the lettering larger and work thank you

@brent113 i find it but there two monotonic option which one?

thank you very much.

That’s perfect, you want both checked.

1 Like

@brent113 Thank you i will try it and see if will fix the problem

Question can i i use cura to print with two color ?

Yes, use the gcode M600 to pause when you would like to change color. You can manually insert it at a layer, or use a Cura plugin to insert at specific locations. I haven’t done it, best to do some research or maybe someone else has experience.

1 Like

another question what the profile you use in cura for high quality the defult one or this:

??

I imported Snapmaker’s custom profiles to start with, then I created a copy to modify further (like turning on monotonic settings).

1 Like

@brent113 OK thank you very much

mow printing it and waiting for the result

1 Like