Heated Bed Temp Consistency

Snapmaker 2.0
Original heated bed
2.0 Enclosure
Single extruder
Upgraded power supply
Upgraded linear modules

I see at least a 10 degree C difference depending on where I take a measurement using the grid line intersection points (20mm x 20mm squares) as targets and using a handheld heat measuring device (Micro Temp MT250). I found that the area in the center on X axis (160mm) but closer to the front on Y axis (50 to 70mm) is hottest and usually higher than the value I set. Testing to the left or right from there the temp decreases to a point where it can be 10 degrees (or more) lower as you get closer to the edges. Knowing this I have been able to move the object in Luban to an area of the print space that tends to present a more consistent temp across the base of the object or to an area that is consistently hotter for filaments that need it.

Is this consistent with design specs or product expectations?
Has anyone else measured their bed temps for consistency and did you find similar results?
Is there any plans to update the heating bed to allow for more consistency of temperature for the entire surface. I think heat consistency is having a large impact on my ability to print larger or more precise items since the first layer adhesion is not consistent over a 20mm x 20mm area.

Search for Flir and you’ll get more.
If you have an enclosure printing big objects is fine.