Heated bed not heating equally

Hi there,

I am having issues of warping on my prints. This warping is always on 1 corner of the printed object. I have tried numerous things with temperatures of the bed and the PLA. But it is not solvable. My print is 80x110 mm and i only heat the inner part of the bed.
I now opened the door of the printer to feel the temperature of the heated bed while it was busy printing. It is clearly not the same temperature in left front quadrant. I set the temperature to 65 degrees Celsius. I can easely touch this part, while the other three quadrants are too hot to touch for more than 10 sec.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
How to resolve this issue?

Kind regards,

Need some details, equipment, filament, temps being used etc. what have you already tried? There are lots of places to start.

Hello, i use:
Snapmaker Artisan

Snapmaker dual extrusion module with
PLA White left and breakaway PLA right.

Tried:

Bed temp: 65, 60, 55, 50 and 45 degrees Celsius

PLA temps from 195 to 215 degrees Celsius

I get diffrent results, but always one corner warped. The object comes loose from the bed on that corner. The top of the build is perfectly straight.

Here ale some pictures from the settings of the last print:

Have you taken temp readings of the bed in use? I have found that a laser thermometer is very helpful in a number of different 3D printing situations, FDM and resin. They are relatively inexpensive.

Hi there,

I’ve got exactly the same issues as you described. I measured the bed with an infrared thermometer. The heating is set to 60°C on the whole bed. I took the measurement 20min after the start of the heating process. I measured between 52 and 54°C on the inner zone and 34 to 37 on the outer zone. This cause the printed object to warp one the edges everytime. By the way the part occupies the both the inner aswelll as the outer zone.

Hi, i solved the issues by using Cura as a slicer. Sinds then no more issues.
Luban has had several updates sinds then and i have not used it for several months, maybe the issues are solved. But my experience with Cura are good, 99% of my prints are perfect.
Only the dual extruder with breakaway support is not great, but there is a solution coming for that. Some parts are modified and hopefully supplied soon by Snapmaker.

Kind regards,