Great Sharing: Prusaslicer Profiles by Dylan and McGybeer

Use my profiles and SMFix, slice, copy gcode to J1, select a mode on the touchscreen before print.

:ok_hand:t3: Iā€™ve reset PrusaSlicer to clean slate and only imported you bundle. It works like a charm. I am still learning on how profiles workā€¦ kind of confused on how to add a filament profile without messing with Printer and Printer settings.

Just curious of what does that do. I could not find any reference for C or W parameters.

I downloaded and imported the ini file under PrusaSlicer profile for dual color printing, and my extruders are still crashing into each other.
As soon as the right extruder starts printing its first layer the left extruder starts printing its second. ,

I also donā€™t understand why the slicer says that I canā€™t have a wipe tower if Iā€™m using anything other than zero in the supports extruder assignments.

Iā€™m trying to print something in TPU that needs supports.

Seems like I had to paint the object, even though itā€™s all one material/color. Weird.

C&W are special arguments added by the Snapmaker to quickly detect temperature.
C is temperature diff
W is detection window

Yes, PS is not as smart as CURA in multi extruder. Iā€™m trying to figure it out too.

Hey @macdylan , could you please elaborate this further? I was thinking about switching from cura to ps because i thought it is better for multi extruder systems

@ne0xys that is some sophisticated g-coding :pray:

1. total_toolchanges
    I noticed that PS only counts [total_toolchanges] if wipe tower is enabled, otherwise it returns 0
    github issue 6832
    Maybe you should note that in the start-gcode to prevent confusion.

2. G28 Z to lower the bed?
    in your pause print gcode file you have a G28 Z to ā€œlower bedā€. In my understanding, this will crash the head into the printed part as it is trying to home z-axis!?

3. Minor annoyance
    if I open your .gcode files in notepad++ (win10) and copy the content to the start gcode section in PS, the line-endings are gone. I have to open it in VSCode and copy it from there to see the proper breaks at the end of the line. Weird.

4. SuperSlicer does not support variable [toolchange_z].
    If it is not used in the logic of the scripts, I would remove it.

Havenā€™t had time and chance to test the code (due to a lack of a J1 :tired_face: )

German:
Hallo zusammen,
ich habe heute mal PS probiert und ein Benchy zweifarbig drucken wollen.
Das ging ordentlich in die Hose, denn zur 8. Schicht ca. kollidierten dann die Extruder.
Kƶnnte sich das jemand mal ansehen, was da schiefgelaufen ist?

Englisch:
Hello, everyone,
I tried PS today and wanted to print a benchy in two colors.
That went really badly, because around the 8. shift the extruders collided.
Could someone take a look at what went wrong?

Prusaslicer Profiles by Dylan

3dbenchy_0.2mm_PLA+PLA_2h4m.gcode (5.6 MB)

Erste Druckergebnisse mit dem Profil von @McGybeer.
Ich bin sehr zufrieden.

2 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear that :grin:

What did you do different? I did the same thing with a benchy, using Prusaslicer, and My print heads hit together as well. I am glad you found a solution!

I just took McGybeerā€™s profile

1 Like

Thank you for the response! I am using that profile. It happens on the 1st color change, head 1 does not park properly

Did you use the filament profiles for left and right extruder? Each profiles need to inlude proper gcode. I failed same when I used my filament profiles, and I found I needed to use filement profiles for each. I recommend to use original profiles of MGybeer first, and modify.

1 Like

Any updates with the wifi printing?

you nailed it. I thought I did have the correct profiles. guess not! thank you for the assist

Iā€™ve started with just ā€œfilterā€ for PrusaSlicer which is automatically uploading gcode after sliceā€¦ but Iā€™m one of that 76 who still didnā€™t receive printer, so development stucks on that I canā€™t test :frowning:

1 Like

New PS 2.6 came out with lots of new features. Very excited about it.

-Custom Start G-Code has a new placeholder: is_extruder_used. It is a vector of bools telling whether that extruder is used in the print.

I will be updating the pre-heating hotend Start Gcode file later this week. That will not only make the code shorter but much more reliable in that matter.

2 Likes