Great Sharing: Prusaslicer Profiles by Dylan and McGybeer

Hello Makers,

Dylan @macdylan and McGybeer @McGybeer from the community have contributed some Prusaslicer profiles for J1 and we thought it cool to share them with you here and benefit more J1 users. :smile:

How to Import a Prusaslicer Profile

1. Unzip the zip file.

2. On Prusaslicer, click File > Import > Import Configā€¦, and select the .ini file.

3. Import your model file, configure the parameters, and slice!

Prusaslicer Profiles by Dylan

The profile contains printer settings, filament settings and the corresponding printing parameters.

Download

Notes for the In-the-box Filament Profile

• The accelerated speed is changed to 20 m/s2 and the G-code to change the extruder is also adjusted.

• Tested usable with the V2.2.13 firmware.

• Before use, itā€™s recommended to print the calibration cube and the Benchy for tests.

• The printing speed is set to be a little bit high. Therefore, if tiny and fine structures are printed poorly due to insufficient heat dissipation, you can try adjusting the cooling threshold value of the filament.

• Before the nozzle and heated bed start to move, there will be a LED flashlight when the heating is done. Just some personal preferences that can be disabled in Prusaslicer: Click Printer Settings (Expert) > Custom G-code, and change {if 1==1} ;flash the light to {if 0==1} ;flash the light in the Start G-code input box.

Here is a pic showing the printing results:

Smfix Program by Dylan

This smfix program can help quickly load the printing information (including the image and parameters) of G-code files generated by Prusaslicer on the Touchscreen, effective even for large files.

Example pic:

Download

Installation

1. Download the corresponding zip file for your OS.

2. Unzip the file into a path that contains no space.
    For example: windows$ D:\smfix\smfix-win64.exe

3. On Prusaslicer, click Print Settings (Expert) > Output Options, and enter the path above into the Post-processing scripts input box.

4. Click Printer Settings (Expert) > General. In the Firmware section, specify the following settings:

• G-code thumbnails: 400Ɨ400 (other sizes will also do, affecting the displaying results on the Touchscreen)
    • Format of G-code thumbnails: PNG
  5. Click Custom G-code, and add the following G-code into the End G-code input box.

;
; DON'T REMOVE these lines if you're using the smfix (https://github.com/macdylan/Snapmaker2Slic3rPostProcessor)
; min_x = [first_layer_print_min_0]
; min_y = [first_layer_print_min_1]
; max_x = [first_layer_print_max_0]
; max_y = [first_layer_print_max_1]
; max_z = [max_layer_z]
;

:warning:Caution: The above G-code is important and necessary for the Copy and Mirror modes. If missing or not added correctly, there are chances that extruders will hit the bed due to wrong orientation calculations.

Notes

• The heated bed preview image is just for references to show the rough position of the model.

• This smfix program works for A150/A250/A350 too.

• It doesnā€™t require network connections and wonā€™t generate any additional files. Can be deleted directly if not needed anymore.

• For any problems with configuration or usage, you can create issues on Github.

Prusaslicer Profile for Dual-color Printing by McGybeer

Download

Snapmaker_J1_McGybeer.ini.zip (4.2 KB)

Here is a video clip showing the printing results:

:heart_decoration: You can follow McGybeer on Instagram: @mcgybeer

Again, thanks to Dylan and McGybeer for their helpful output! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Thank you!! I will try this profile as soon as my printer will arrive!
I would like to share a texture for PrusaSlicer.
Enjoy!

Go to Printer Setting > Bed Shape Under texture click to Load and select the PNG file.

Please note that if you will move the file, you will have to do the procedure again.

2 Likes

Thank you so muchļ¼I have been waiting for using prusaslicer for J1. By the way, my slice result shows wrong temperature distribution. Temperature for extruder2 can be seen low. If there is wrong operation, please let me know. Iā€™m printing other object, so now I canā€™t test with small piece.

can you create a gcode with this, then print in copy (or mirror) mode from the front panel?

@macdylan Thank you very, very much! I will so much use this when my printer arrives.

Just out of curiosity: Might there be a chance to get a Linux version of that ā€œSmfixā€ program?
Edit: there is a Linux version on the Github page, but the Windows version on Github is different to the one posted here, therefore I assume I cannot use that oneā€¦

For that, just change the bed shape to 150x200 mm and comment (ā€œ;ā€) the gcode start line where the toolhead is parked in X-20. If you donā€™t comment this line the printer does wrong the math and says it canā€™t mirror print gcodes that go beyond X130.

Great work !
It would be nice to download the gcode files directly to the printer via wifi as well as it does cura.
Do you think itā€™s possible?

Hi ppurice, you can directly @the contributors for answers. :wink:

@macdylan thank you very muck for the smfix, it works great !! that is the solution i was waiting for, now i can finally enjoy copy and mirror too !

Iā€™m adding this feature for sm2uploader(GitHub - macdylan/sm2uploader: A command-line tool for send the gcode file to Snapmaker 2 via WiFi connection.), and will be released later this week.

4 Likes

Canā€™t wait to test your profile and code. Thanks a bunch!

I donā€™t quite understand the requirements for duplicate and mirror mode. So switching from normal to IDEX modes requires to change bed dimensions and (un-) commenting start gcode? Iā€™m effect, thereā€™s better be two different printer profiles: a normal one and an IDEX one?

1 Like

For mirror and copy mode the print volume on X axis gets reduced to half, from 300 to 150 mm, half for each extruder. So you can either create a new profile with the reduced bed size, or just move the model to the left and be sure itā€™s not placed beyond X 150. The need of disabling the parking line X-20 is just because the machine takes the maximum and minimum X values for print size estimation. Letā€™s say your print is 140 mm wide on X axis. You select the mirror mode and the printer looks for maximum and minimum, which are 140 and -20 respectively, and it thinks the print is 160 mm wide and doesnā€™t fit. Hope I explained myself :sweat_smile:. Iā€™ve already reported this issue to Snapmaker staff, should be easy to fix just setting to 0 any negative X value for size estimation.

The gcode generated by other tools, size info for the model is usually not included. This will confuse the touchscreen how to move the model into printable area. (eg: use mirror mode but print from the right head) Thatā€™s way i made the SMFix.

Added mirror and copy lines to PrusaSlicer texture (at 150 and 160mm, respectively). Just follow procedure above to ā€œattachā€ it to the printer. Background will be gray in slicer :grinning:
j1 (googliola)

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t able to make the sm2uploader to work on Mac. Wonder what am I missing.

sm2uploader is available in intel and M1.But there is not compatible with J1 and Artisan yet, Iā€™m working on it.

1 Like

Is there a reason for the wipe tower being so large? Iā€™m using the @mcgybeer config and the wipe tower has 10x the volume of the Marvin that Iā€™m using to test the dual extrusion

Shouldnā€™t be that big. It usually shows a larger preview before slicing, and then turns into something smaller when sliced. If it keeps being that large check the purging volume numbers in the right panel button just next to the infill percentage setting.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks! Looking forward.

I havenā€™t been able to figure it out how to do copy/mirror/backup. Please advice.