Fusion 360 Carving V-Bit and CNC Milling Machine Configuration

I’ve been doing some digging on the site. I’ve found the tools and post processing files on Github here: Github Files

However none of them appear to contain the milling machine configuration for the Snapmaker 2.0, and while I did find what appears to be a Carving V-Bit in the Original snapmaker tool set, it throws an error that it is not a valid bit for milling.

Does anyone have a working CNC Milling machine configuration for the Snapmaker 2.0 and one for the Carving V-Bit?

I have the same problem. No solution found yet. Replying here to pop up the question to the top of the forum.

It’s a fusion issue. It doesn’t allow you to use an engraving bit for milling.
If you select engraving it lets you use it for that.
I can’t remember what the workaround was.
I think the problem is that the bit tip needs a dimension for computing paths and the solution was to create a bit that had a .01mm cutting diameter.
Try searching the Fusion forums.
-S

1 Like

Hi @Drahkar

So did u find the solution for this? I just got my snapmaker a while ago and also cannot figure this out

Thanks

You have to set it up as a ‘chamfer’ tool:

Your settings may vary depending on your bit.

-S

thanks, appreciate it

That is definitely not the one I got from Snapmaker. Mine is 3 sided 23mm overall length and the flute is only about 5mm as for the taper I have to guestimate at about 7

just wondering if you can advise on this side topic.

I have a bundle of gears to CNC cut do I use on the path or outline setting.

Thanks in advance

I have no clue how your v-bit ended up being so short, guessing you’re measuring below the collet? What really surprises me is that you’re able to read my comment… IT MEANS WE’RE ON THE INTERNET… Have you broken a bit? Here’s the snapmaker official shop which shows all 5 bits (for 3-axis cutting at least). Scroll down for a bit, oh HEY THERE ARE DETAILS ON EVERY SINGLE BIT

@sdj544 .01 cutting diameter? the shop page where you buy a new bit says 0.2mm… Your settings may vary a lot from a 50mm tool length, but not much from the specs of the tool they’ve been pumping out standard…