Flying Sea Turtle, A350 25 Hour Print

:wave:

If you’ve seen any of my other posts you will see I’ve spent most of my A350 life trying to work through issues. However, I’ve reached a point that I think I can try printing something a bit more than a calibration cube or benchy :smile:

So going for this awesome Flying Sea Turtle.

I don’t have any nice monitoring setup like Octoprint so helpfully it all goes well.

Settings:
Layer Height: 0.16mm
Infill: 15%
Flow Rate: 90%
Default Printing Speed: 30 mm/s
Hotend: 195C / Bed: 60C
No supports, apart from one gear (shown later)

The skirt adhesion looks good.

The first attempt was not so good, I had adjusted the print volume for my glass bed ( Creality 3D® Ultrabase 310x320x4mm) but I hadn’t adjusted the X,Y origin offset to compensate.

Although it will print well on painters tape, no so much over the edge of the bed :laughing:

Will update as it goes.

1 Like

Update: First layer was good.

Small issue, I had only looked at the parts at a glance and thought i was mostly flat with little overhang, apart from one of the gears which I specifically enabled supports for. Turns out a couple of parts have elements floating in the air :laughing:


Hopefully, the print head doesn’t collide with this part while travelling.

Security cam view:

Success


I think the flow rate might have been too low at 90% as seems to be quite a lot of gaps.

The horizontal turned out okay, top surface flat but underneath ugly as no supports. Going to re-print this one and up the flow rate a little.

All the dynamic parts turned out well, hinges work and rotating parts work. :clap:

Only added supports to this gear part, notice the gaps again.

Got all the parts off, going to clean a couple of parts up.

2 Likes

Putting it all together :boom:

5 Likes