First print 18h still running but stopped printing in the night

So I setup my A250 for the first time yesterday, and went for the vase provided as my first print (ever!) … According to Luban this would take 36hrs to print at normal quality - am I doing something wrong ? This seems like a silly place to start for newbies … I selected ‘Fast Print’ Instead … still 17 hrs … ah well, it can run over night I suppose.
It started well … but after about an hour, although the print was going fine, it was still in-filling every layer completely - this won’t be a useable vase then! Again it just seems like this is an awful model to start with if it isn’t even a useful object at the end …
OK so overnight I left it going (what else can you do ?) Just came down to find the darn thing still happily ‘printing’ but with no plastic coming out of the print head. Plenty on the reel, nothing snagged. The ‘vase’ is about 65mm tall, with a further 5mm separated from the main body (looks like the PLA feed was intermittent for a while then start again - before giving up)

1. Is the vase supposed to print infilled ?
  2. Is it supposed to take 36 hrs (Normal) 18 hrs (Fast)
  3. What has gone wrong with the feed ? (How do I diagnose the problem ?)

There is a profile especially for the vase in Luban.
There is the surface mode just outline checked.

I also would suggest you to calibrate your extruder (e-steps) and linear advance (k-factor).
Search in the forum about.

Make custom profiles of all print profiles in Luban and reduce retraction to 1mm@40mm/s, this would avoid filament grindig.

Make sure your spool could spin easily, ideally the spool is above the tool head.

1 Like

Many thanks for the prompt reply - yep wrong profile! I had loaded the vase file before the printer arrived (sometime ago) and completely forgotten I had probably been playing with the App. Sure enough loading the file again sets the profile correctly and we’re at a much more sensible 4 hrs ish - it said 3.5 hrs in Luban but the actual print estimate is longer now its going.
‘spool above the print head’ - I’m using the supplied spool on the standard mount - is there a better way ?

1 Like

Maybe this helps: (haven´t tried myself)

1 Like

Where do I find that profile? I don’t have it on my installation. I only have Fast, Normal and High profiles in Luban 3.9.0

Hey, I guess you want to print the sample vase?
If you want to do so, you have to load the model from the example section and after this you could choose this special profile.