Worked so well yesterday - woke up to this

I started out yesterday trying to print the test vase, things were going slow, but seemed to be going fine. And this morning i showed up at work to this, Any idea what have happened?

If that’s the base of the vase off to the side and you intended it to print in the center of the plate, the print head may have hit it at some point. Enabling Z-hop sometimes helps with this (under “Retract & Z Hop” in Luban’s settings). Or it may be that it didn’t stick strongly enough to the plate, in which case adjusting the calibration downward, a warmer build plate, stronger adhesion structures like a raft, or coating the build plate with something like glue stick or blue painter’s tape might help.

1 Like

Aaaahhh, it’s the spaghetti monster!

It usually means your print let go of the bed.

1 Like

Wow! What a picture to wake up to.

Perhaps you could ask the Snapmaker team to buy the image for advertising. The “make something wonderful” touch screen is perfectly placed. :thinking: :grin:

If anyone asks, you could always tell them it is a copy of a Jackson Pollock painting you once saw and decided to replicate it in 3D. :slightly_smiling_face:

Seriously, it is not very pretty and I have no idea how to fix it. I just wanted to make it a little light-hearted for you. I am sure that some help will be along soon.

2 Likes

I guess you wanted to print the “Vase example” ?- Is a vase inside?- It looks full to me.

If you want to print this example, you have to take the example profile from Luban:

This takes about 4hours and the head is going spiral vise around the center after building the plate.

Check your first layer of your failed vase and have a look at the layer lines:

A visual guide showing the different effects of z-axis calibration.

A visual guide showing the different effects of z-axis calibration. Source: Prusa Research

Clean your bed well before every print with isopropanol or something and watch the first layer every print!

Yes it was the vase I was trying to make, I just used the standard settings and it came out like that filled with some grid, and all the spagetti on top - Also it said it would take 38 hours! I think it is hard to tell what the first layer look like according to the examples, but on my “vase” they seem very loose, so it might be something like that that have gone wrong

It is the base of the vase next to the spagetti :wink:

I will try z-hop next time - I just used the standard settings for my first print.

You did your first vase wrong.- At a vase there is no z-hop necessary. If you print with the right profile:

there is no infill and no travels which caused your print to hop off.
Alternatively you could make a custom profile, where you activate the surface mode.

I just used the the file provided in the case library, I did not change any settings, so I was quite surprised that it was filled - not really a vase in my opinion.

I have the exact same problem with the provided template, and I am unable to customize the profile to remove the infill option!

You have to take the correct printing profile, there is the vase mode pre selected.

1 Like