Firmware Updates and Features

Hi all,

As I print more on the Snapmaker I run into situations where features such as print pausing and power outage print restarts would take it to the next level.

Could Snapmaker please officially say that updates to firmware are either going to happen, or never going to happen. Given that Snapmaker wouldn’t exist to put out a 2.0 product without the purchasers of the 1.0 product, I think it would be a mark of respect to clarify this.

Other approaches can likely be used to do some of this (like pausing through Octoprint for example), but it would be great if Snapmaker’s staff would actively help to develop scripts and settings for these kinds of things rather than completely depend on the community.

Are Snapmaker staff actually makers that actively use Snapmaker printers day-to-day for their own projects? Surely if yes, you run into these limitations too, and either have or want to come up with solutions for them?

Thanks for making these printers, and the support work you currently do. What would be nice to see is some passion for making, and releasing solutions and tweaks for the known limitations and problems with Snapmaker. They’ve been discussed for 2+ years, so it’s not like they aren’t known.

Thanks.

1 Like

I’d like to see both firmwares open sourced. That allows the community to back port features. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I believe they are planning on a version of SnapMaker Luban that works for both SM1 & SM2. @parachvte can you confirm that?