Filament latch keeps opening

I just got my Artisan last week, and have 3D printed several objects with no issues but during my 5th print, the filament latch on the left side popped open during printing (thus filament stopped feeding). I thought it was just a case of me not pressing it in all the way or a fluke so I made sure it was secured and restarted the print. The same thing happened. When I looked closer, the top of the latch where it snaps into place, is not holding securely. a slight touch will pop it open. (For clarity, the latch I am talking about is inside the print head, the one that holds the filament in place for feeding)

Anyone know if this can be fixed or if a new part needs to be ordered or?

1 Like

Ignore this, (I do not have permissions to delete it). In day it took to get this post approved, the fantastic people of the forum already gave me a workaround :slight_smile:

Just make sure that you inform Snapmaker support about your issue. They are aware of the fact that there are faulty units out in the wild and announced that there will be some kind of repair kit (no details out yet to my knowledge). Or they will replace your toolhead under warrenty.

Many thanks for the assurance :slight_smile: I did send a support request in and have a ticket. They did say they have a heavy volume of support requests right now so I am very happy the mini printed wedge works a treat :smiley:

1 Like