"FabScreen keeps stopping"

I had a bad failure last night that im pretty sure was caused by bad or corrupted gcode. Now, i cant get the printer to do anything. After a few clicks it says “FabScreen keeps stopping” it also can read the USB drive. I cant do anything with the machine. I tried turning it off and back on and unplugging the controller when it was off and its still doing it. Any ideas what to do here?

1 Like

I get this error message too, every now and then.
And here it has nothing to do with a gcode file, because if it happens, then I have to switch the power supply off - wait some seconds - switch it on again and normaly it works with the same file.
Sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times - but it works.
For me it looks like a bug in the firmware.

Try reflashing firmware.
Possibly go back to 1.9 or 1.10.0. (For me 1.10.0 just has 99% error. 1.10.1 had a bunch of weird things that i couldn’t quite figure out or repeat.)

-S

1 Like

I agree with @sdj544, reflash the firmware and let us know if the problem persists. Also it would be a good idea to contact support and let them know of this issue.

So what i have found is that:

1. The flash drive that came with my printer corrupts about 1/4 of all gcode files that are saved to it.
  2. I tried a second flash drive which is quite old and had new gcode saved to it. That drive worked initially but the printer never heated up when using a file from this drive. When plugged in, this drive also kept making the controller freeze.
  3. I tried a third flash drive last night to reflash the firmware and that is the only thumb drive i can now get the printer to work with.
    This is really weird. Never in my life have i had so many problems with flash drives. Im going to order another one to use with this printer because the one that is working isnt all that large.

This definitely sounds like an issue for support. The flash drive that came with the printer should work. @Edwin @JKC20 do either of you have an idea of what’s going on here?

Hey,
I’m not sure if you found a solution? But i had the same issue, getting the fabscreen message all the time.
I did a factory reset, and then it worked for me.

The only thing I figured out is that some usb drives work and some cause a total system failure. So I’ve been using the same drive which is not the one it came with.

Only had A350 for a month and no problems with machine until today. My problem sounds same as yours. Stopped laser mid print. Controller couldn’t see cn file on usb drive. Kept getting fabscreen failed alert. Tried running with wifi rather than usb. No change. Reloaded firmware. No change. Decided machine died. Saw forum about bad usb drive. Tried another usb drive and got alert that said no print head detected. I didn’t have cable to laser head snapped in. Pushed in but not snapped in. All good now. WHEW!!!