Enclosure 2.0 A350 change exhaust location

I I am currently assembling the Enclosure for my A350 Snapmaker. However, I would like to position the exhaust in de bottom right corner of the backplate in stead of the standard bottom left corner. I was thinking about this and wondered if I could just flip the backplate (after refitting the exhaust fan and holder). Has anyone done this already? Any issues or afterthoughts I missed? (E.g. with the cable to the power unit ?

I have not tried it but I don’t see a problem. The cable to the power unit is quite short but depending on where you put the power supply it should work. I put mine on top of the enclosure on the same side the exhaust fan sits.

How did that work out? I checked the alignment against the travel and did indeed flip mine around so that I can vent it directly out the window.

I positioned the desk it’s sitting on in front of the only window in the room. Leaving it on the side closest to the long door is too far away from the window for the hose to reach.

The window slides and my intention is to make a 45"x16" plate to stand in the partially open window, with a hole for the vent have also purchased a vent cover to help keep the birds out. For now, I’ll cut up the box cardboard to fashion the prototype plug, and once it’s working well, I’ll get it fabricated from acrylic sheet.

How do you mean, get it manufactured, pretty sure there’s a perfectly serviceable manufacturing tool in the same room as where your SnapMaker is :wink:

I would, but I’ve not yet seen how to make a 45" x 16" of sheet acrylic on the Snapmaker.

I could have used the word ‘plate’ rather then ‘plug’.

Sorry.:grin:

I also have my enclosure in an awkward place for the vent location, to the left of my computer, turned sideways. I trimmed the duct connection and printed this, stuffed with charcoal filters. So far I’ve only lasered a few things… there’s still a little odor but not much.

I would not trust this if working on anything really nasty though.

Imgur