Nozzle Recommendations

I was wondering if users had any recommendations for 0.4 nozzle replacements in tougher materials like steel (for PLA with additives and other filament types).

I tried with an MK8 M6 ruby nozzle but that ended in disaster and destroyed my heated bed as the proximity sensor doesn’t really allow for anything but the standard brass nozzle, tried adjusting it further but it kept scratching the build plate.

I think that part could have been designed to make adjustments in nozzle height differences easier or more automated if you already have to calibrate the bed… I’ve been sitting unscrewing the printhead on and off for 2 hours trying to a good alignment.

I’m using the tungzzle 0.4 (tungsten materail) from 3Dhex for a few weeks, no issues encountered and very pleased with.
(3D Hex - The Future of 3D Printing – 3D°Hex)

Thank you, I’ve ordered one. I was looking for a nozzle that could handle filament additives and this seems to fit the bill and should hopefully last. I just managed to get a previous steel nozzle working today, now if I can get my PETG printing in order then that’s good progress.

Also, I did not know tungsten is harder than titanium and (rated a 9 on the Mohs scale just under diamond and on par with ruby)

That’s great! I have had one for a while but never been able to get it installed it in my hotend. I’m glad it works before I gave it away. I’ll try to figure out how to stall the thing now.

Good to hear! I also have one “lying around”… did you have to adjust any parameters? Did the calibration work 1:1?

I think you simply bought the wrong Rubin nozzle or did not mount the nozzle correctly.
I bought the following nozzle: “MK8 Rubin Düse 1,75mm Düsen 0,4mm Hohe Temperatur Rubin MK8 Düse Für PETG ABS PET PEEK NYLON PRUSA i3 ENDER CR10 Hotend|3D Printer Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress
The heating block secured against twisting, old nozzle removed , the above-mentioned mounted and the nozzle properly screwed tight, then leveled again with autolevel, the middle point again leveled with a sheet of paper as with the old nozzle, the nozzle is exactly as long as the original installed you have measured.
The only adjustment that needs to be made is to change the retraction length from original 5mm to 1mm, and you can print, nothing else needs to be adjusted or installed differently!!!
Just print everything you want, with this nozzle for years safe, have here at another printer the nozzle already over 2 years in operation, no wear nothing even with carbon and wood where I print a lot of !!!