Dual Extruder Failure To Print

I have the new dual extruder and having issues printing taller models. I’ve tried running all the calibrations several times with no luck. Models continue to fail after several layers of success. I’ve also ensured my filament is dry. I’m using a PLA and a PVA filament. Ran stringing calibration on both nozzles too. Any help appreciated. I’m growing frustrated with Snapmaker.

1 Like

Which version of the Dual Extrusion do you have: Old or new door? this shows how the new door looks like: Replacement Kit for Dual Extrusion Module (VAT Incl.) - Snapmaker EU

If you have the old door, you may have problems with heat creep - see this thread: Dual Extrusion Head: Heat creep discussion thread - you in this case should contact Snapmaker support to see if you’re elegible for a free new door.

If you’re already on the new door, it is most likely your print settings - which temperatures do you use?

PVA seems to be prone to clog the nozzle when getting too hot, recommendation is to stay at the lower end of temperatures.

1 Like

Hauke, thanks for the reply. I have the old door but had already read about those issues and have printed, and am using, the shims plus leaving the door somewhat open. I’ve played around with setting for both filaments and am on the very low end of the setting especially for the PVA. I’ve printed several models that aren’t very tall and have had no issues. Only have issues when it gets past a certain height.