Documentation of the Web API

Hello everybody

i am a new Snapmaker :slight_smile: but i am not new to 3D-Printing.
I come from an Ender 3 with octopi. I do like the possiblities of Octopi especially the Connectivity to my Smarthome.
E.G. i configured Octopi to executed an Ifttt comand when the printjob was finished so that Iftt cut of the power of the Printer. On the same way i integrate a Lamp in my Flat (printer is in the basement) which shows that the printer is still on.

Is their any other Web Api documented than the one mentioned in this post?
is their any other Tutorial/description how to use the Api.
Thanks

1 Like

No, I’m pretty sure that that’s it. The usual workaround for those who want something more sophisticated is to hook a Raspberry Pi up to the USB mini-B port on the Snapmaker. From there, it can send gcode commands to access most of the machine’s functions (using Octoprint or other suitable software).

I saw a github change somewhat indicating perhaps wifi connected machines someday will be able to get useful gcode responses.

If that happened the webapi for executing gcode would become useful as you could get responses the same as with usb.

i use the PSU control plugin and a tasmota plug (and its plugin) to turn my machine off after job completes.

I use gcode connection / disconnection scripts to do things like home the printer on connect/disconnect, turn the enclosure light on or off.

I know that i could run the Snapmaker with an Octopi …
but than i would loose the nice Touch&Feel of the Snapmaker Touchscreen
and
i still like to try to use Luban & “Stock-Stuff”

In latest firmware notes:

• Return G-code responses in console when Wi-Fi remote connected via Snapmaker Luban.
  • Not all of the G-code responses were compatible for now. We will keep improving this feature in furture updates, please stay tune.

-S

@sdj544 makes me wonder exactly wtf they did to make gcode responses “incompatible”…

1 Like

I’m so scared of looking at that code whenever it finally releases, we’ve already seen some of the craziness where they’ve apparently rebuilt babystepping by having a combination of custom gcode and crazy touchscreen loop handler updates or how apparently they were doing some weird custom offsets for ABL that were leading to all our meshes being offset by a few cm in both x and y, or how sending gcode to the machine over USB apparently just gets absolutely destroyed when you also touch any part of the touch screen, or how for some reason, the ABL triggered by the touchscreen doesn’t run even their custom ABL gcode (why is the custom gcode there, luban doesn’t use it either…).

Also, I love the fact that my windows pcs can find and connect to the SM just fine over wifi in luban, but my Linux version of luban doesn’t even see the SM on the network (but it can connect over serial USB)…

2 Likes

I have no problems with my MacBook Air M1 bringing data via Wifi to SM.

@3DSW he’s talking specifically about how Windows and Mac have no problem with it yet Linux does. Snapmaker is run by Android, Android is based off of Linux, it makes absolutely zero sense why it has a problem with the wifi for Linux.

My Linux machine normally has no problem detecting my A150 (on the one or two occasions that Luban has flat-out refused to pick it up, power-cycling the Snapmaker fixed it—interestingly, when it does that, the problem shows up across all versions of Luban that I have installed). Note that I am using quite an old firmware version, though, and the computer, Snapmaker, and router are all in the same room.

Yea, I’ve tried all the normal IT steps, but I ended up giving in and now I remote desktop to the windows machine across the room while sitting near the SM with my laptop… /shrug

Eh, there’s a good chance that our setups differ widely even without the Snapmaker and Luban version differences (between the normal vagaries of Gentoo and some unusual software preferences on my part, my main computer is probably unique in this world). Makes it difficult to figure out where the important difference is. Although personally, I’m likely to blame Electron for any low-level problems with Luban—I’ve never been impressed with how Google conducts its software projects.

Hey everybody

Any news about an API to the Printer?
Ian still running on the stock-Settings (even using Luban).
It would be really fine to have an view on settings and progress of the actual print.
Thinking forward:

• having an widget in iOS
  • getting informed about the finished print
  • getting informed about outrunning filament
    ….

Any News about API for Snapmaker?