Usb issues when system crashes

Has anyone else had issues where the files on you usb drive are deleted if the snapmaker crashes? Yesterday I saved about 10 files to the usb and went to start printing after selecting the first file I wanted to run the machine went to the start screen then froze and rebooted after which only 3 files were left on the drive and a bunch of Lost.DIR folders showed up plugging it back into my computer only one Lost.DIR folder is visible and when sorted there are spaces where the computer sees “hidden” files anyone know if these can be recovered. I did not save copies elsewhere and don’t remember all the slicer setting I did.

Did you find an answer I have the same issue

Sounds like a partially corrupted FAT (File Allocation Table, kind of like the address book for files in the file system the Snapmaker expects for USB). If that’s all it is, the files should be recoverable using various utilities (do a search on something like “file recover USB”—I’m afraid I can’t offer specific recommendations), or possibly even with Windows CHKDSK. Do not, under any circumstances, reformat the drive or use it for anything else if you want the files back.

Note that, if there were any deleted files on the USB drive, file recovery software will find them, too. This is normal.

I had the LOST.DIR issue show itself after “sending file to USB” then plugging the USB into the Snapmaker control tower. The file was nowhere but a LOST.DIR was there. When I plugged the USB back into my laptop both the LOST.DIR was there and the file I had wanted to run (laser). I tried this on two separate USBs, even tried to buy the file within a new folder on the USB, same results.