Connect Via Wifi

I would REALLY like this feature. I work on the 2nd floor of my home and the Snapmaker is in the basement. It’s a real pain to run down 2 flights of stairs just for the authorization.

2 Likes

I have exactly the same setup!
I work on the 2nd floor of my home and the Snapmaker is in the basement.
3 times 2 flights of stairs just for one print job, that’s too much :slightly_frowning_face:
The printer should remember the first approval and there should be an option that no more approvals are required.

1 Like

I also have the same problem - can we get it fixed after so many requests?

Also throwing in my vote for this, either SM needs to add this ability or I need to get octoprint up and running.

BTW, I’ve found something of a “solution” to this problem. If you set up remote desktop (I use chrome remote desktop), on your main computer (which is running luban), you can access it with either another computer or your phone (might be a bit hard on a phone) just to tap the buttons in luban while sitting in front of the printer. Of course, this doesn’t fix the issue that you need to be near the printer to do the whole process, but at least it saves you a few trips back and forth between the computer/printer just to click buttons on each.

Definitely need to make WiFi connection confirmation optional.

3 Likes

It seems on the latest firmware, this is a thing now

at least it is for me.

some people have problems with it forgetting the network or something though

i can reboot whatever and still connect

+1 on this request. Would be great for queuing up jobs.

I agree. Find another way to do this instead of having to confirm each time, my computer is not next to the SN and it is frustrating to have to run to the machine to accept and then back to the computer to send a file and then back to the SN to start the job.

One more multistory home user with the printer in a quiet basement and workstation upstairs, with remote power and camera. Please add the options to remember wifi and skip confirmations )

Should be fixed with latest firmware.

-S

Some cases were reported that the machine cannot connect to Wi-Fi automatically after you reboot the machine.

Our software team has developed a beta version to improve the wifi connection.

Users who want to try this version, please send me some feedback.

Download link:
Snapmaker2_V255.0.0_20210423.bin.zip

Cheers
Edwin

1 Like

Works perfectly - first time everytime!

I simply downloaded the file on this post, dropped the “.bin” file on my thumb drive, plugged it into my computer, and opened the “.bin” file from the files tab on the touchscreen.

I can now connect anytime in my house and it works flawlessly! Please include these changes in the next update of Luban - I’m sure there are plenty of frustrated customers out there thinking the machine is a hassle because it was so hard to connect to transfer a file or do an image capture for th laser.

Good work to the development team!

Thanks to @vbongioanni

We are glad that the fixed version can help you to connect to the Wi-Fi successfully. I have forwarded this feedback to our software developer @parachvte , and he will continuously collect feedback on this issue.

Cheers
Edwin

Please add the option to disable the connection confirmation. My SnapMaker 2.0 is in my garage and computer is in the house. Really slows down the process.

Same issue here. Printer is nowhere near computer and there are no other users that will go to this machine. I understand that you want to provide a safe deafult for multi user scenarios but please offer options to cater for the single user remote printer scenario!!!

…There is really ZERO joy in late night designing followed by going downstairs, then a 20m outdoor walk in slippers and PJs to the place where the printer is located to press an accept connection button, followed by a 20m walk back to the house, go upstairs, stand in front of computer for 2 seconds to copy the file across to then go back downstairs, outside, get to printer location to press accept and start and then go back inside…

When it gets to midwinter, will Snapmaker pay my hospital bill when I slip over?
… or perhaps slightly more positively will they send me a bottle of single malt each year to consume to keep me warm while I am outside?

Thanks.

@rappel uh… why would you want to start a print without being in front of the machine? You are supposed to be there to watch the first layers regardless of the machine to make sure it doesn’t have any foreseeable issues that would occur. And your comments about slipping and malt is just trolling, that really doesn’t get you very far.

1 Like

@brent113 yeah, but being in front of the machine for at least the first few layers can let you see potential problems more clearly than watching it on a camera. Even if it’s not necessarily related to the first layer, for example maybe the filament on the spool has an issue like getting trapped under itself. That’s personally one of the main reasons why I prefer to be in front of it when it starts, to make sure it’s feeding from the spool properly. That’s just my personal preference is all. Not saying everyone has to do it that way. I’m overly cautious with things so…

1 Like

This has been fixed in firmware updates. It hasn’t asked me for several months to trust the connection on the SM end. I think the last time I needed to again I had completely reset my router and changed my ip address.
Or am I missing something in what you’re asking?
-S

2 Likes

artezio - trolling??? It was humour, no more or less, suggesting that delays will get worse when the weather does. (This is my first year of use)

Re. function, I understand that it is best to start in front of the machine when there’s something unusual happening like a complex print or something new, but if one has already made sure the machine is set up correctly when it was last left then the risk is minimal.
If one’s simply doing repeats of prints then whether there are likely to be issues or not is already known. Sure it’s not 100% but that’s a choice.

If the PC and printer are next to each other it’s a few seconds. If they aren’t it’s a lot longer. In my case about 5 minutes on a good day.

The flow isn’t ideal and could be simplified in a couple of ways that I’ve already seen suggested in this post and others.

sdj544 I haven’t put the latest firmware on - I have the July release so should be good if you think it was fixed a while back. (At least it should be the July release, that’s when I got the printer and applied all updates as soon as it was built and fired up, perhaps another check…)