CNC depth setting

I designed a box on Fusion360 for a wood moisture meter. I went thorough the process and started the machine up. It only cut about 2/3 of the way down. The diameter of the space is 43mm, so the depth of cut should be 21-1/2mm. It fell far short of that. The outside dimension of the box (both sides included) is 63mm. The thickness of one of the halves is therefore 31-1/5mm, which is suspiciously close to 1-1/2 times the depth of the initial cut. When setting the parameters for the toolpath there is a selection for target depth. I naturally entered 21-1/2mm. But when I changed it to 31-1/2 and generated new G-Codes the machine cut to a depth of 21-1/2. Can someone please explain?

Is the quick swap enabled? and do you have one installed?

Yes. I have the quick swap and it is enabled. It doesn’t appear to be the issue. No issues on anything else.

Does the software know you have quick swap kit enabled? Yes it matters

I installed the quick swap and followed all instructions for updating everything. To be more clear, when I did the first cut all the incremental depths were proportional to each other. It was as if the profile of the cut was compressed to approximately 2/3 of it’s intended depth. The software is updated. I did check to make sure of that. I am wondering if there is something not translating between Fusion360 and Luban.

Did you set your origin and the bottom of your model (carving bottom) correctly?

How did you copy the new gcode over to the machine? Did you connect and send? if so did you change the name of the file before sending, or delete the old file from the machine? It has been my experience that “Send to Device” will not overwrite if the same file name is used and the old file was not delete from the machine. I did not remember seeing any sort of error from Luban during the send. It has been a while since I last did this. I will try and test it to see if the machine file is kept/protected and if there is any errors or messages from Luban when this happens.

Maybe someone else has had this experience and can chime in?

I set the origin normally but I don’t understand what you mean by the bottom of my model. I have not seen that parameter.

Luban will not overwrite. I have always deleted old non-working gcode files before loading the new ones. I send to machine via wi-fi.

Today it overwrites same filenames (at least with gcode extension for 3dp).

What software did you use for generating the paths? I assumed you used fusion 360 with post processing.
If you did it with luban I would suggest the use of fusion:

I used Luban to generate the tool path and gcodes. I only have the free version of Fusion360. Is this available with the free version?

Yes, follow the tutorial.
For carving gcode in Luban is my experience not that big. May share your gcode and model to see further.

Thank you. I looked through the video. They go so fast I have to keep rewinding to catch everything. I have much to learn with Fusion360 but all I have are videos. I do better in a classroom setting.

Went through the tutorial in depth, Pausing almost constantly in an attempt to try to keep up with his pace. Only thing I can’t do is add the configuration files to add snapmaker 2.0 as a post processor. I managed to add the tool library after an exhaustive search for them on snapmaker.com. I finally found the configuration file and downloaded it. How in the world do I add it as a post processor??? Many people mention the same thing in the comments.

The tutorial is ok but he seemed to assume the user knew many things. I had to keep a sharp eye on the cursor to catch steps that he did but did not orate on.