Camera preview and G-code always in top right quadrant instead of middle

If the right upper quadrant of the platform is the “working area” of the machine, why does the camera take a picture of the whole bed?
When you use the scanned image to overlay a design, why do you then have to reset the origin to get the image to burned onto the object that you had secured to the bed.
When I secured an object in the center of the bed, and then used camera capture, and it shows up in the center of the right upper quadrant, and then wants to burn the image in the right upper quadrant, so I have to move my object, or reset the origin (or both), there has to be something wrong with that implementation of the software. It renders the camera capture next to useless (it wasn’t totally useless in that sizing of the object was facilitated, but I could do that with the grid in the software.)

The center of the Workspace in Luban (the center of the cross, the middle of the 4 quadrants), is your work origin.- It’s the starting point of your job.
Get your picture where you want to be the work origin.
You need to set your work origin in the machine as well.

Why not line up all of the tool head systems and camera capture coordinate systems the same? All of them should have 0,0,0 in the center of the print, cnc, laser bed with camera capture showing up in the center.

i.e. Is there a good reason for them not to share the same coordinate system or is it leftover from a design decision that should be reconsidered?

3d printing is clear, the origin is in the front left, this is every time the same, and the space of the buildplate is clear.

If I laser or cnc, I have to set the work origin I like.
In some cases it is easier to engrave when I set a specific origin.
I guess, you will see in the future.

Then, when the program loads, the red region should be centered on the screen and the other quadrants should not exist (You can’t print to them) so new people aren’t confused why their print is sitting in what looks to them is the upper right of thier print bed.

Thank you for your post. I have to say the Luban software behaves correctly.

The right quadrant in the workplace represents the actual working area of the machine.

Edwin

I guess I’ve been wrong. I always thought that the whole bed was the work area, not just the right upper quadrant.

If I center my object to laser engraver dead center of the bed, the camera shows the whole bed in the right upper quadrant, which you say is normal. If I overlay the image, the sizing is correct. But, I cannot burn the image from the g-code created without either changing the origin or moving the object(or both), or apparently doing it from the console (which I don’t want to do, because my desktop is upstairs and my A350 is in the basement). That is asinine. I should be able to generate the g-code and burn the image from the flash drive without having to do it from the console.

I can see that Edwin, the confusion lies in where the work origin is. If you run the job directly from Luban its at 0,0 on the screen grid, front left of the machine bed. If you transfer the file to the machine and run from the touchscreen the origin is the middle of the machine bed. You might have the view that this is OK, running form the touchscreen means you have to take of the work origin yourself but this perceived inconsistency has confused many, many of your customers, witnessed by the number of posts there are on this subject. I used to answer them when I saw them but I’ve got tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

BTW I think its great that you are so active on the forum again, much appreciated!

@albutch
Find out where the engraving/cutting will take place by setting the Work Origin. The Work Origin corresponds to the (0, 0) coordinate origin in the software.

I wrote an article here.

Edwin