Basswood Laser Cutting - Wrong Number of Passes

This may well be an operator problem :wink: If I import a shape in to Luban from an Jpg file and tell it to cut using 2 passes it will make 4 passes. If I tell it 1 pass then it makes 2 passes. This seems to only be true if I import a Jpg image.

If I create the shape in Luban then 1 pass results in 1 pass and likewise requesting 2 passes results in 2 passes.

Any ideas on how to correct this? Thanks!

1 Like

It’s cutting the inside and the outside of the shape/line.
Use inkscape to convert it to an svg.

-S

2 Likes

2 copies of the file?

Is there a setting to prevent Luban from following both the inside and outside of a line?

If I import my Jpg in to Inkscape and then save it as Svg will that cure this issue? Sorry I am new to this hobby.

No matter how thin my lines are in my JPG file, Snapmaker makes two passes with the second being off my line slightly. Is there a way to get “On The Path” to simply make one pass down the center of the line?

I am using Vector for my layout as I need to be able to see the grid markings under my JPG. This is because I have to scale it to a particular size.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi, a bit late to reply but. If you use bitmap lines, then you will have both side used by the laser.
So, if you dont have a svg file, you can fill the drawing. What I mean is, if you have a square = 2 lines, if you fill the square = 1 line
avirer