A350 Platform Dimensions

Does anyone perhaps have the dimensions of the A350 Platform? I’m looking at having a new platform machined out of 5mm aluminium but would like to keep the holes at the exact same positions. The centre 4 holes, I see is ±90mm apart on the X and 102mm on the Y. The outermost holes are on the X 300mm and Y 320mm apart. However, the next rows are not on a standard (full millimetre) distance. I know some are on a diagonal but I’m still trying to measure them exactly.

If anyone has a drawing, please let me know.
Regards
Waldo

1 Like

@coppertop_01 is the right man to answer you

Ya know, the problem with Aluminum is that it is still a heat sink, with a big block of Aluminum it will keep changing for a long time because there is so much mass there. It will definitely be more solid than the frame and may change in a more uniform way than the frame but it may not solve the problem you’re trying to solve.

Tone did you manage to finish CBC your epoxy sheet ?

No. I’m wanting to get it done but too many other projects are interfering.
I just need to make it a priority.

Phoebe @hyeii can you please supply Waldo with the exact dimensions of the bed hole pattern. Rather than me make a measuring mistake. Is there a tech diagram available?

Have a great week

Doug

1 Like

Yes please provide the drawing. I want to cut a Mic6 Aluminum bed plate for the A350 since I am unable to achieve a decent level on the stock bed.

1 Like

Thank you! @doug

@DroneOn @Waldo
This is the dimension of the A350’s platform:

8 Likes

@hyeii …have you been told today that you are wonderful… you are! you have just made a few customers happy

Doug

3 Likes

Can we have the same drawing for A250 please ?

1 Like

Thank you! Hahahaha
It is so kind of you!
Have a good day @doug

Hi, @Isaac11
This is the dimension of the A250’s platform:

5 Likes

@hyeii:heart:… you are more than wonderful!

2 Likes

@DroneOn @Waldo @Isaac11 you should give a big thanks to @hyeii

Doug

2 Likes

@hyeii you are my new favorite person. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

That’s perfect for optimizing my replacement Wasteboard design👍🏻

2 Likes

Thank you @DroneOn
You guys made my day. =)

2 Likes

Good to see that an A250 heated bed will also fit onto an A350 platform. The holes are at same dimentions.

2 Likes

Phoebe, as a suggestion, can Snapmaker produce paper templates with this layout for sale so that users can overlay them on pieces of wood and drill the holes for use as spoil-boards on the CNC

Doug

1 Like

@doug
I’ve created a new spoil-board for myself. I would rather suggest we create a CNC file that can be used. As well as a Laser file to engrave/laser the grid.
There are however alignment complications and a single file cannot take care of this. Following was my steps;

1. Mount a 340x360 MDF board - with the clamps, it needs to be mounted off centre
  2. Use CNC Drill 4 mounting holes - ensure that the origin is correct
  3. Remove the new MDF board and mount it centred above existing spoil-board (you’ll need longer screws)
  4. Run a second CNC file to drill the rest of the holes
  5. Change to Laser
  6. Set new Workspace Origin (CNC and Laser are different)
  7. Engrave the Grid

Regards
Waldo

3 Likes

I already started a cnc file like that

I’m just not sure yet how to create the right laser file

2 Likes