A350 laser is not working

Hello,
just I tryed to work as the second task with laser. There is no laser light. All other functions are working well. Is there a methode to prove. I switch on deveral time but nothing will change.
Can you help me
Thank you

Mine worked fine for 3 prints, now will not burn anything more than 8mm away. Calibration test, or setup.

1 Like

@witherby Not following. What do you mean by ‘more than 8mm away’?
The laser needs to be around 5mm from the material with the lens hood on for optimum performance.

@Bombastino Do you have an enclosure? If the door is open (or the door sensor is out of alignment) it won’t allow the laser to fire. Also double check that none of the pins have been bent and the connectors are inserted all the way.
-S

When doing the auto-focus with a laser module, there is a blue laser dot, but the process still shows ‘failed’. Please follow the below.

1. The reason is that you did not close the enclosure’s doors well during the auto-focus. So please close the enclosure’s doors first., and it should be working.

2. Or on the touchscreen, go to Enclosure>Settings where the door detection can be disabled. Then during the auto-focus, the enclosure’s doors can be open.

I know you don’t follow, most technical support don’t. Ok, Wednesday it worked, yesterday it didn’t. When it does the calibration it goes more than 8mm from the paper. No I don’t have an enclosure. Cable is fine.

If you’re expecting professional tech support you need to email support@snapmaker.com. We’re just other users.

If the lens hood is still installed, try removing it. Then you can get the laser closer. Sounds like it’s too far away. Use the advanced touchscreen settings and adjust the laser focal length closer if you have to, then redo calibration.

Alternatively you can switch the calibration method to “manual” instead of auto in the touchscreen settings, it will have you rough in the laser height by eye first to get the smallest dot size before performing the burn tests.

Exactly the same problem, after a couple of successful runs today, it seems to have ‘lost power’. I can still see the light from the laser but it doesn’t make any impression on the material. Same with auto calibration, going through the same set-up I’ve done since having my A350. I can see the laser light but not enough power to engrave the callibration lines. Hoping for some help for technical support. I’ll post their response back here.

Sounds like the enclosure door switch isn’t triggered. USB, not wifi, issue M119 with the door open and closed, make sure the enclosure door switch shows as triggered and not when you open and close.

I’ve never plugged in via usb, only used the SM with Wi-fi as it’s worked perfectly from day 1. How do you test the trigger? Also tried again with door detection disabled on the touchscreen and still the same result. Looking like I may need a new module. Laser focus set at 27.2 as it’s always been.

So after contacting support it looks like the laser tube has failed. Test for this is to perform manual calibration.

Awesome, I finally got the laser to work but had to set the calibration height manually. The Auto calibration makes the laser to high. So i am able to finally engrave something for the first time. thanks for the advice!

1 Like