A350 - Issues Printing on Garolite

I have switched to garolite bed about a week ago, using the Klicky probe. I did tweak some parameters, mostly the temperature, seeing how garolite is a bit less thermally conductive than stock PEI.

I still get an occasional issue with bed adhesion (using Dimafix for all of my prints), but now something else is happening, and I cannot explain why: I’m getting really poor quality trying to print some threads in PLA+, but only when all other features had been printed already, and all that remains are the two threaded rods:

My 3D experience is limited, so I wonder if the minimal layer printing time is to blame? I bumped it from 8s to 15s, lowered my nozzle/bed temps to 215/60C, and still see no difference.

I just ran a test print on my Dremel 3D45 - in ASA, mind you - and got perfect threads…

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looks like your print is warping on the bottom. This will affect the quality of the layers above it. These also appear to be threads with very steep overhangs, for which the Snapmaker’s part cooling ability may not be sufficient. Improper/untuned retraction settings can also cause this due to the many retractions that take place from the virtually constant location changes from one side to the next. Wet filament can contribute to the outcome as well.

1 Like

When I print threads, I generally go thin and slow. 0.04mm layer height and whatever speed Luban uses for High Quality. But I’m rarely concerned about print time; my printer is >95% idle.

But as @Mxbrnr says, that warping and lifting is severe enough that the model probably wobbles while you print. I’d try adding a brim.