A350 3D Print Speed

Does anyone have information on speed vs success of 3D print? I am new to all of this. I received my unit, put it together and so far, almost so good. My first few attempts failed. I noted that the initial run would almost never print correctly; the filament was not sticking to the bed properly.
I tried gluestick. No change
I tried both filament types. No change
I tired altering speed of the print from 100 to 60% no change.
I tried altering the speed of the print down to 30%: success so far but the printer has been running non-stop for four days now and I have about 1.5 more days to go.



You shouldn’t have to change speed at all from Luban defaults (assume that’s what you’re using) It can be more forgiving to slow things down if your settings are wrong.
Did you calibrate extrusion?
What did you try to print? You should print a benchy or calibration cube before you try to print anything else.
Make sure you clean your bed with isopropyl/rubbing alcohol.

1 Like

Thanks for your input. I wanted to provide this update as it might prompt more comments. Bottom line is, I did have success at 100% speed. I did not print the entire project, but I could see the first lines were sticking and in the right place. I’ve enclosed a pic of the project and a better explanation of what was happening (I hope!). Snapmaker suppot seemed to be thinking the issue might be bad plastic (supplied by them) so I’m not sure I really know WHY the issue was happening.

Again, thanks.

That is absolutley a thing, the filament that is packed in the box with the machine is utter garbage. consider yourself lucky, usually it adheres so hard that it ruins the sheet. I would recommend promptly throwing the balance in the rubbish.

Your z-offset MIGHT be too high, which is not something i normally see happen with newer posts (most of the time people have it too low which also makes it hard to remove). good z offset is about +.05-.1 from the correct tension with the calibration card under it

but miles may vary.

if you ordered extra accessories after the fact, like spools, enclosure, sheets, etc, the spools in those boxes are OK, at least according to Edwin at support.

i dont know if newer batches being shipped have addressed that or not, but at least the old batches they had bad material they included and didnt know it until after the fact.

as you get accustomed to the machine, experiment with rafts a little bit, youll see their good and bad effects, and try some brims too. as you master the craft, your need for them will become minimal.

also, noticing the size of your object - its kind of large, the snapmaker bring bed isnt particularly flat, and that can be causing the issue as well. finding a healthy balance of settings is difficult but doable, and you can also enhance the calibration methods to a 5 x 5 grid or more. finally, if the bed is HOT, it will be different than it is COLD, so getting the sheet up to a little above where you want to print, then running calibration, has made a big difference for me personally. you are unable to calibrate with the bed is on though

many other factors can be causing these issues, from moisture in the filament to dirt on the print sheet to over extrusion to under extrusion to partially clogged nozzles and everything in between.

that is probably a bit overwhelming to absorb at once, thankfully you can still have success when things arent perfect, but over time you’ll learn to fine tune things for optimal performance.

a good resource for information is the simplify3d web page. They have a slicer program which is expensive, but their documentation about troubleshooting issues on the web page itself is really good!

Very useful hints and information. I’ll try these in the near future (trying the other heads now) but I’ll follow-up.

Thx for your repliy.