A350 homing hits enclosure door 3d printing

When I home with the 3d print function I hit the door during the sequence. The firmware is updated to V1.10.0. I have only had the machine built for a few hours and I searched the forum and I didn’t find anything about this. I don’t think I indexed the machine improperly in the enclosure.

Anyone know of a way to manually set a new home sequence so it doesn’t max out the bed travel into the door?

Hi, welcome to the SM community!

Are you sure you mounted the metal brackets correctly that hold the machine in place at the enclosure? It seems strange that the bed could travel so far that it can hit the wall, when I home the A350 there is approx 2 cm between the beds home position and the door.

1 Like

I think you mounted something not correct, check again, there is a little space between the door and the bed at home position.

Maybe same problem as this post?

None of the machines should hit the door when moving the bed to the max foreward position. I’d go back to the step where you mounted the carriage (bed frame) to the Y rails and make sure they look like the pic in the manual, exactly, in terms of which screw holes you used.

2 Likes

Yep I see it clear as day this morning. My linear modules are a few holes off from being in the right spot, shifting the whole print surface forward. Thanks.

This is exactly what I did.

I just corrected my error and the problem has been fixed. Thanks for the quick replies.

1 Like

thanks for that, even following the instructions to the letter I somehow did the exact same thing… fixed now :slight_smile:

No worries. Assembly excitement. It happens. (I’m opposite end of spectrum, I tend to have assembly terror. Re-checking cable ends 3 times, over-doing calibration every build for the first 20, etc etc.) I’m only finally relaxing myself and not posting as often because 3D-print wise at least mine mostly just works now, aside from the occasional large flat part warpage during cooling, and that’s on any FDM printer.

I have a bunch of stuff I want to laser but that’s where the terror creeps in again, I have this strange reluctance to take the time to do the swap-out, re-educate myself where I left off after last try… Coward, I am.

Not to hijack the thread.
But laser is the most fun. And actually the easiest. There is a bit more trial and error and testing. Most problems are in how you edit and save your graphics files.
The main tips:
Use svg or png
Center your artwork and crop excess white space.
Convert text to paths or curves or whatever your graphic program calls it (they all use different terms)
Just ignore trying to use camera capture. Create the g-code in Luban and then run it from the SM (either send wi-fi or use a usb stick)
-S

Oh, I know, it’s irrational. It’s like I get in a groove, then don’t want to ‘risk’ getting out of it. But then if I stayed in laser for a while it would probably be the same going back. (Shrug.) I’m weird.