A350 enclosure and table homing

I just received and assembled the enclosure for my A350 unit and notice when the table homes it extends beyond the front door location.
If the door was closed when it completed it would crash into this and most likely cause damage.
I removed the lock down clamps and slid the unit back so this was not an issue.
See the pics to understand.
Is this a bug or can I adjust the homing location in order to mount the unit inside the enclosure correctly?
Thanks from a new user.

I’ guess you assembled your Y-modules incorrectly. Those should fit in the grooves in the baseplate. Maybe you can check those and maybe post a picture to see if they are exceeding the baseplate.
Or maybe something with the assembly of the enclosure went wrong.

Well looking at my setup you are correct
My y modules do extend beyond the front edge.
Looks like a rebuild is in order.

Thanks for explaining my assembly error.

Cheers!

1 Like

Actually that happens quite often since the depiction in the manual doesn’t seem to be 100% clear.
While you are re-assembling your machine please check to place you platform correctly which is also a common error, i.e. nuts facing down and use the flat head screws to attach the heated bed to the platform. Otherwise you will get some serious leveling issues.

Well I managed to get it back together properly, but upon reconnecting things I’m getting an error on the screen indicating it does not see the machine.
I replugged the connector in and that seems to work but now I do not see the USB port after plugging in a USB stick.
I tried several with no luck.
I can use a laptop and transfer the gcode to the display screen or use the laptop to run the job but I kinda like the USB stick.
Any idea what might’ve happened here?

I did print a job successfully after putting this back together, so it does work - and the table is in the right location when it homes out now - thanks for that!

Thanks for your responses.

Have you tried formatting your USB-Stick or tried another USB-Stick?
Also with using your laptop you mean you can connect to your Snapmaker using the Mini-USB-Port?

1 Like