A350 extruder hotend often clogs during 3D printing

Snapmaker 2.0 A350 Extruder Hotend verstopft häufig beim 3D Druck. Der A350 ist 2 Monate alt und hat bislang sehr wenig gedruckt. Ich drucke nur mit PLA. Anfänglich hat auch alles gut geklappt. Doch seit 3 Wochen verstopft das Hotend regelmäßig. Ein Austausch der Düse oder des kompletten Hotend hilft nur anfänglich. Nach einiger Zeit des Druckens verstopft jedoch das Hotend bzw. die Düse wieder. Das Verstopfen passiert mit verschiedenen Filamenten (PLA). Der Abstand zum Modell oder Druckbogen ist ausreichend und nicht das Problem. Die Verstopfung des Hotend lässt sich immer schnell beheben, indem man ein neues Filament einführt. Dieses wird dann auch problemlos durch die Düse gedrückt. Die Düsentemperatur ist auf 220°C eingestellt. Ich kann mir nicht erklären warum das Hotend so oft und regelmäßig verstopft. Ich hoffe auf Tipps dies Problem zu beheben.

Check your extruder drive gear is clean all around.

Single extruder or dual extruder?

For the dual extruder is a replacement kit available which was free for all people with old design.

It’s a single extruder.

here are pictures of the piece I took out of the extruder and what caused the blockage.
You can see that the filament is encased in white. However, I only used blue filament. Did the blue filament turn white because the temperature was too high or what is the reason for this?

What’s the diameter of the white part?

The white is the PTFE liner from inside the hotend. This is a common issue. You can read everything you need to know about it in the forum link from my previous comment.

1 Like

That’s why I asked about the diameter. I prefer to get people thinking about the problem themselves instead of giving them straight answers.

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly. Though I have seen many user’s don’t have the means for measuring diameter accurately. Most beginners still think of the SM as a plug-n-play machine (which it’s not), so lack the more advanced tooling.

It’s another subject, but, for the price, you can’t blame them for expecting more. I avoided the meccano-set machines for this reason and don’t have the time for the 10:1 ratio of fiddling:producing, and expected the SM to work out of the box (which it does for the well chosen demos) but I won’t get another SM.

1 Like