Xtool vs snapmaker

Today I got xtool p2 and D1 pro I ordered. seting up and make a sample print was very easy and quick.
I imported the same dxf file that has sqaure and circles in middle that luban didn’t recognize circles I had to use inkscape to edit and blablabla then back to luban.xtool software is super easy and smart recognized all no problem. Make it short Snapmaker needs to improve luban software a lot plus make hardware to run 5 times faster. The same image to print luban wants 15 hours and xtool wants 1 hour. I didn’t test D1 pro yet. Xtool P2 is 100 times better. I also got 40 watt diode laser I didn’t install it yet. Snapmaker never replaced my 10 watt brand new laser and it never worked. I bough another one from ebay to test but it was waist of money. Snapmaker customer service wants to sell only no replacement they want to sell only . I am not happy with tech support. they do not know how to use own product. I do not need 3 in one deal at all. Today you can buy elegoo 3d printer for 250$ that can print much better then snapmaker. Any way I am not going to complain anymore. I got the machine I was looking for and so far for first day I am happy. Xtool P2 is co2 laser and xtool d1 is diode laser. I will connect d1 later to test but my talk is about the software. download xtool creative spare and try it yourself. Snapmaker got the idea right but implimantation is a big effert that they have to spend. they have to put a lot more time to fix issues. To me snapmaker can easy get 40 watt laser and improve luban make it as good as xtool creative space. Maybe in the future.

Yeah, I picked up a 3018 to do basic laser and engraving/cnc for like $200. Mostly just to not have to take the 3D printer offline as I have been finally (since March) getting some decent use out of it. Wouldn’tcha know it, I get the 3018 assembled and the 3D print head on the SM clogs and I gotta take it out of action anyways.

I disagree on improving Luban - I think the mistake SM makes is trying to do everything themselves. There is a lot of of capable software out there; all they have to do is provide plugins/configs for it, then make Luban the usual “here’s the introductory software that comes with the device to ensure it works” thing.

A lot of the competing single-purpose devices, they’re open and interoperable. You can find parts on Aliaba for a few bucks and push your machine far beyond its design capacity. The PC route, basically.

SM is trying to be Apple, but the technology is just not there to make these push-a-button-and-go machines.

1 Like

I have both the Snapmaker Artisan and the the Xtool P2 (F1 on order) so i can speak from experience. These are both very different machines with very different use cases. The P2 is more or less a production machine. It can print items and do it very well and fast. That said the Artisan is designed to incorporate everything you might need to create stuff, and do it in a smaller package. The Artisan printer works great most of the time, the CNC is fantastic and the 10w diode laser is just that…10watts… Once they release the new 40watt module you will have a completely different laser experience with the Snapmaker. I think Luban works great for what its intended purpose is. Not a fair comparison to compare a diode with a co2 laser. Regarding speed…100% agree with you, Snapmaker needs to work on the speed capabilities of these machines,i know they can print much faster then they do currently.

I bought xtool and so far I am happy with it. I noticed in Lightburn software I saw snapmaker name. Is it possible that it supports sm. I put my sm a way from my desk. Laser function compare to xtool sm works 10 times slower. To burn a picture sm estimated 18 hours and xtool estimated 1 hour. I will do more test later.