I originally posted my issue in a response to someone who had a fault on Y-Axis on this Forum but thought it might help others who are new to SM like myself as no issue matched exactly to my description below and I need a little help to get me started.
• Newly assembled A250 machine.
• Switched on for first time on weekend.
• ran bed calibration for first time.
• when X is at position it will go through point --
• Y will successfully move the bed through -
• X return through - (effectively leaving it in position )
• Y will successfully move the bed down for (effectively position 4)
• X will travel off the bed for point (a very brief whirring crunch noise happens before it stops and lowers for final calibration point which doesn’t register as it’s no longer above the bed)
• I switch off to manually move X to .
Any tips for Troubleshooting steps? (Thankfully it’s the single axis that’s the easiest to disassemble)
I see the linear module faults are not that rare and some mention replacement. I’m hoping it can be self repaired and I see there is a video for resetting the bracket - Is this a reasonable diagnosis for the movement description above?