Z-axis uneven movement & Stuck after calibration

Thank you for the add.

I have the A250 since last Oct and has been using Laser module & 3D printer head so far. It has been working well until recently (after upgrade to 1.11.4). I’ve found that the Z-axis doesn’t work evenly during the bed-level calibration process. The left side always start moving earlier so the X-axis is not lifted evenly as you can see in the first clip.

Then after the final calibration step after press “save”, the Z-axis seems to stuck after moving up just a bit. This happened every time at the calibration. It’ll print almost normal (have some issue with first layer) afterward but this symptom (as in the second clip) give me a fear that it’ll fail soon.

I tried switching the cable between the two linear modules but result is the same. So it’s not a connection or cable issue.

Please kindly advice.

Cheers…Som

Have you heard anything on this? I have the exact same issue.

You should contact support, this could be due to a faulty linear module.

Looks like your right Z isn’t working.

If you dismount the printhead and the X rail, you can leave those plugged in but out of the way, and try running Z again. I suspect your right Z won’t move at all. It’s being dragged along by the left Z, which is throwing your tramming off both too high and too low on the right side, and causing adhesion problems.

When this happened to me, I swapped my X and right Z motors. The motor that was the right Z worked as X for a while, but is intermittent now. The Z is now working, and SM is sending me a replacement for the X motor which now works, but intermittently skips many steps.