Why Luban get connected with google-analytics?

Hy guys,
I saw Luban v3.6.1 establish a connection to:

Can you please explain us?
Why google-analytics? What kind of information are exchanged and how to disable it?

1 Like

Please Snapmaker Team reply to this question!

I think it might be a similar reason like this:

Same thread as above:

1 Like

Block any connection with Little Snitch. Excellent firewall application. Notifies you about any connection being made.

Yes but that’s not the point.
Luban SW shoud inform and ask to the user the permission to exchange these kind of information.
This could be a privacy violation, isn’t it?

4 Likes

@Tone, Although you consider the information “anonymous”, the IP address is considered under European law (the General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR) to be personal data. Any collection of personal data from European citizens requires explicit consent of those individuals. If I disable sharing usage information, Snapmaker needs to disable all sending of IP addresses in the device firmware. The Luban software needs a control to allow users to disable sharing data as well.

How would you prevent the sharing of the IP address? Are there anonymizing-as-service (‘AaaS’? Pun
 maybe intended) companies out there that exist solely to be able to strip off IP addresses? And then prove that to the satisfaction of EU regulators? (The internet equivalent of “double blinding”?)

How
 By not sending any data unless there is consent to may do so.
If there is no consent no need to contact any (external) service at all, which will result in not collecting personal data (IP address).

1 Like