Why is iMakr (UK branch) such a rude company!

At it again I see. Did you get put on the payroll Doug? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Doug, I appreciate the response and vote of confidence in the company. I have no doubt it is a great printer. That is why I ordered it. I have done much international business and a delay as long as I have experienced, coupled with misinformation from the company (such as saying my order would ship 2 days ago and not shipping it) is not the cultural norm or accepted international business practices anywhere that I am aware of. I just bought something from Germany and it was sent Fedex International Express and arrived in 4 days with a hand signed letter thanking me for my business. Surely in two weeks time FedEx could pick up my order from Snapmaker or someone could drop it off. I donā€™t think there is any valid reason for this delay and the real problem is the lack of communication.

Surely, having waited 2 weeks patiently without proof of shipment on a product they advertised to ship ā€œin 3 to 4 business daysā€ has nothing to do with having instant satisfaction so your question ā€œwhat do you gain by not having instant satisfaction is not understandable to meā€

Hi Tonyā€¦ I am not Doug for he inhabits Australia. I am Jeff and I live in England. I had inexplicable non-contact from a company that I had placed money with. My putting the matter before the forum was a desperate move because e-mail, telephone messages and web page contacts were all useless and I could not suspend my disbelief. I thought that punishing the company (voting with my feet) would make a difference. It may but not to the company who would not miss my few dollars. It would affect me because I would then have to go without an item i had wanted to buy.

I think it is not the usual way of doing business but times are very unusual right now and when folk are not minding the store, there has to be a reason (or several reasons). In the end, I was told that a person had not attended to matters that were an allocated responsibility to them. The written apology to me from that particular person had let me know that we are all human and all of us do not meet our own sometimes unreasonably high standards. I cut the person some slack and took it to be a one off event.

Current times are truly extraordinary right now and I am not sure that the standards which we once held businesses to will still apply. Isnā€™t it amazing that people are still going in to work to service your needs, possibly at great risk to their own personal safety. We can stand on our rights and should you choose to do that, then Snapmaker will not receive your cash and you will have to buy a product from another company. In truth, that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

When my young child made a mistake, I pointed out the error and we discussed what could have been done and how the mistake may have been avoided in the future. What I would not do is scream and berate the child for making a mistake and then use the mistake to punish the child. Letā€™s say they broke a valued item through a little clumsy conductā€¦ shouting, jumping up and down, withdrawing a parentā€™s unconditional love because they broke something are all unreasonable behaviours. You cannot resurrect the item no matter how loudly you shout. Better to accept that it was one of lifeā€™s lessons for you and move forward.

I am trying to suggest by the use of analogy that you get over whatever the insult to you personally (real or imaginary) and let things take their natural course. You will live a far longer and happier life that way. My machine is not working correctly but I am not taking it as a personal affront. I donā€™t think that someone in the company was told to ship a defective machine to me. Anyway, you will do what you think is best and that will be the end of it. I have no dog in this fight other than that I was sitting in a similar position to where you are sitting today.

1 Like

hahaha, no just a dumb user who fell in love with the original Snapmaker. Also, I have had experience with other products that withered on the vine when users used their forums to be overly critical. I have been determined to make this project a success. It is a well made product from a young business that is learning to growā€¦so keep that in mind. Snapmaker do listen to us and the Snapmaker 2 came from that. Where else can you have influence in product development.

Keep having fun

Doug

1 Like

Hi Tony,

Your frustration and concerns are very much justified. I was told by our support that you requested a tracking number so they provided it in advance. They misunderstood what you meant when you requested for the tracking number. Sorry for the hassles you have gone through and thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

WooHoo! The machine lives! It appears to have been a USB stick that went corrupt with the first file I put on it. A new stick has solved all of the issues I was experiencing. A very simple fix that was discovered when an engineer sent me a known good file. I could not get it onto the Snapmaker USB stick which was now no longer recognised but it was able to sit on my new USB stick (Sandisk) and the file worked as it should. Whatever the log-jam was, it has all been resolved and I am delighted. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @tonymontana,
I am really sorry that we have kept you waiting. (Please trust me that we do not want that.)
My colleague told me that she had sent you a full refund.
Sincerely, we are sorry about our support service.

Have a good day!

3 Likes