What’s the best design program for SM 2.0 350A

I finally got the settings to cut my first project that I made by myself. I tried to use a file that was already completed. The problem was that I couldn’t ungroup the file to set the tool path for cuts or engraving. Is there a way to ungroup in Luban? So, that I can set up the tool path? I’ve been working and working weeks straight (like months) to finally get results. I followed instructions to make the project to the letter and I restarted from the beginning to set up the laser like it came out of the box and if it didn’t work – I was going to give up. It actually cut the file and now I want to create other things. Is Lightburn better than Luban?? is it worth the cost? I certainly wasn’t going to spend more $$$ if I couldn’t get the Snapmaker to do anything.

Where does everyone get files to use?? Any help or advice would be awesome. Thank you in advance

You cannot ungroup in Luban. Lightburn is far superior and more powerful, definitely worth it. There’s also many guides on how to set up and use it with the Snapmaker. I don’t use Luban for anything personally. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok!!! Thank you, that means I am understanding design software apps/programs. I am so glad I asked.
Keeping Lightburn in mind; does it send the project to the SnapMaker like Luban? Or do I need to upload from a USB stick??
I am sure I will have a ton of questions once I get Lightburn.
Thanks again for the response.

I have another question: which Lightburn software do I buy??? I don’t know if SM is a diode Laser!!!

Not sending you’re files to the SM. Use a USB cable to connect a laptop/pc with the SM controller.

The ‘normal’ GCode Lightburn is enough. SM is Marlin or GRBL. DSP is for CO2 laser with Ruida or Trocen controllers. First take the trial version.

Good startpoint this. In stead of GRBL you can use Marlin Inline. With rotary you must use Snapmaker Marlin. GRBL and Marlin Inline don’t support ‘B’ Axis (at the moment).

I will take a look at that!!! Thank you so much!!!