Unable to run setup for new A350T

Hello all. I received several Snapmaker products last week and set all of them up. I have an A350T, A350T, and an F350. All of them are up and running except the A350T. When it tries to do the autoleveling, The print head is moving to the home position (upper left) and then makes a grinding noise and then stop. Setup is locked and I cannot proceed. After doing some research, I believe there may be an issue with the limiter switch (proper name?) in the linear module. Is this a common occurance, and do you all think this sounds correct. I set up all 3 machines the same way
only the one is have an issue. Of course, it is the one I bought the enclosure for along with a lot of other nifty add-ons that I cannot play with because of this.

I did email support, but have not yet heard anything back. Also, if this is the issue, how does one go about getting a replacement part for a brand new machine. I am not really interested in taking it all apart and returning the whole machine. How could ever get everything back into the box the same way it was?

Thanks for any input and advice

It could be one of the limiter switches, yes. Support will be able to ship you new linear modules if necessary. You won’t have to ship the whole machine back (they don’t even usually ask you to return the faulty part).

Thanks. I hope that is all it is. It is the very first thing that happens in the set up as far as motion, so I hope that is all it is. Will sending an email be enough? I have a ZenDesk ticket. Also, is that the only was to get in touch with support? Everytjing else about the machine screams quality and I find it odd support seems to be difficult to find.

Thanks

If you have a ticket number, they should get back to you eventually. Give it a couple of business days, and if you haven’t heard anything by midweek, email them again. They do respond eventually, and there are many people here who have received replacement parts via support.

I think one or two people have succeeded in reaching the company by phone, but Snapmaker is located in China, meaning that their business hours are awkward with respect to much of the rest of the world. There are also supposed to be company reps intermittently active on the Facebook group, but whether they can actually do anything for you is another question.

I would first check to make sure you put the linear rail modules in the correct locations. The T models use two different kinds, 3 of them are marked “Lead 20mm” and 2 of them are marked “Lead 8mm.” It is the 8mm ones that are to be used for the z-axis (vertical) rails. If one of the 8mm rails has been put in the wrong place, it can cause any number of issues.

Thanks. Yes
all modules are in the correct spots. I was VERY careful to do it correctly the first time. And when it failed, I went over it 3 times mote, just to ensure all parts and cables were correct. I still have nothing working. But thanks for the suggestion.

One more thing to try. I have actually had this same issue occur on my standard A350; with the machine powered off, manually slide the rail carriage all the way to the side with the cable coming out (opposite side from the limit switch). Then power the machine back on and re-home it. If that also does not work, try the some procedure but instead pushing the carriage as far to the limit switch side as possible. This fixed it for me. Hopefully it will for you, but if not, then Support is likely the only other option, at least that I know of.

Ok. So when I moved it all the way to the right, I still got a grinding noise, then a few second pause, then it moved a little bit of the way and stopped. I just pushed it all the way to the left (home) towards the switch, but I did not hear the switch click like I have in the other modules. I am still giving it a few minutes before powering on again, but I am guessing this module is totally defective.

1 Like