Trade in credit

I have been using my SnapMaker for several years - and for the most part I love it- I am using the laser module.

What I find disappointing, is when I purchased the snapmaker - I was led to believe the Sanpmaker would be expandable. now that I want to make larger lazer cuts I would need to buy a whole new unit. I spent almost about 1200.00 and now, when i want to expand my capabilities i need to purchase a new unit. I find that wasteful. does Snapmaker have a program where a credit could be offered to buy back a used unit and crediti applied to a new one? Then the metal and parts could be recycled. a 500.00 credit would be great!!! this would be good PR, good customer service and build brand loyalty. Are there other 1.0 owners who feel the same way.
David

Thanks for the note. I was talking about the Snap maker Original. I have no issue with their product. Itā€™s that they promoted expandability, it wasnā€™t really the case, in a relatively short amount of time the original, while still usable is almost obsolete.

Yes, sorry, deleted my mail, because I was too dumb to realize this.

Yeah, it does seem like there were a lot of promises, and not a lot of follow through for expandability. Even for the V2, people have asked about buying individual rails, and those arenā€™t available in the store.

The ad for Snapmaker Artisan that shows up on this page above your title makes this a bit more galling. Iā€™m happy I bought my Original, but I assume any ā€œComing Soonā€ feature has about the same chance of happening as a NetFlix Original series getting a season 2.

1 Like

Then to be honest, Iā€™d say you got more than your value from it. Even Apple wonā€™t give you any trade credit for a computer that old, but they will recycle it for you. Iā€™m sure you know someone you could pass it on to, as it still has value.

I have bought additional V2 rails, so Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re referring to,

| snapUser
July 5 |

• | - |

Then to be honest, Iā€™d say you got more than your value from it. Even Apple wonā€™t give you any trade credit for a computer that old, but they will recycle it for you. Iā€™m sure you know someone you could pass it on to, as it still has value.

I have bought additional V2 rails, so Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re referring to,

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

good points. I thought about the additional rails and may do that. Thnxs

I sincerely doubt the company will ever implement a Trade-In service. Snapmaker always wanted to make their systems modular - unfortunately, when their first design was plagued by copyright theft, I think they decided to forego this in favour of reinventing it every few years.

If you really want to invest money in the Artisan, your best recourse might be to find a partnered reseller willing to let you market it as used, or sell it for its retail price via eBay.