The Boosted Exhaust Fan for 2.0 enclosures is now available!

Dear Snapmaker 2.0 20W/40W Laser Module Owners,

We’re excited to share that the Boosted Exhaust Fan for 2.0 enclosures is now available! This fan boasts a maximum airflow of 95CFM and is designed to efficiently exhaust smoke and fumes, especially beneficial when using the 20W/40W Laser Module. (Please note: The standard Exhaust Fan included in the Enclosure package for Snapmaker 2.0 provides a maximum airflow of 36CFM, which suffices for the 1.6W/10W Laser Module. If you’re seeking enhanced fume extraction, consider upgrading.)

Get yours now:

It’s important to note that the Boosted Exhaust Fan will still need regular maintenance to ensure peak performance. We recommend cleaning the fan every three months. For a detailed maintenance guide, please visit: Cleaning the heat dissipation fan | Snapmaker Wiki

In addition, we’re also gearing up for a similar boosted fan for the Artisan enclosure, which will be available after the Chinese Spring Festival holiday. Stay tuned for our next update!

Thank you for being part of the Snapmaker community. We can’t wait for you to experience the enhanced performance of the Boosted Exhaust Fan!

5 Likes

Received mine earlier this week and installed it today. Sounds like a jet engine but performs great! Just wondering; will setting it to less than 100% (through M1010 S4) negatively impact the lifetime of the fan?

EDIT: Probably worth to note for prospective buyers that I have a long exhaust hose (a bit over 2 meters) that I hang out a window when I use the laser. I added an in-line fan to make sure all the fumes are exhausted, which was needed with the stock fan. The boosted fan is so powerful that it spins my in-line fan at full speed even when the in-line fan is turned off. I think I could easily get rid of the in-line fan now…

1 Like